Areas of Expertise
Financial Reporting and Disclosure, International Accounting, Corporate Governance and Firm Performance
- PhD, University of Alabama, 2003
- Master of Accoutancy, University of Alabama, 2001
- Bachelor of Economics, Xiamen University, 1997
- 2016, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Indiana
- 1998-1999 Pan-China CPA Firm, Xiamen, P. R. China, Auditor
- 1997-1998 Noell China Ltd, Zhangzhou, P. R. China, Financial Analyst
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- McGraw-Hill/Irwin Distinguished Paper Award, the 2008 MBAA International Conference, April 2008
- Best Paper Award, the 1st Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics Symposium, Hong Kong, January 2006
- Zheng, L., Balsara, N., and Huang, H. (2014). Regulatory Pressure, Blockholders, and Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) Disclosures in China. Social Responsibility Journal, 10(2), 226-245.
- Balsara, N., Chen, G., and Zheng, L. (2007). The Chinese Stock Market: an Examination of the Random Walk Model and Technical Trading Rules. Quarterly Journal of Business and Economics, 46(3), 43-63.
- Chen, F., Weiss, I., and Zheng, L. (2007). The Predictive Role of Analyst Coverage Intensity: Evidence from Cross-Listing in the U.S.. Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics 3(1): 34-57.
Edited on July 31, 2017