Areas of Expertise
Microeconomic theory, Industrial Organization, Information Economics
- Ph.D., Duke University, 2016
- B.A. Mathematics and Economics, Yale University, 2007
- Indiana University, Kelley School of Business: Assistant Professor, July 2016-present
- NewStar Financial Inc., Boston, MA, Asset Management Analyst, 2007-2010
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Summer Research Fellowship, Duke University, 2013, 2015
- Graduate School Tuition Scholarship, Duke University, 2010-2012
- Anthony D. Stanley Prize in Mathematics, Yale University, 2007
- Jacobs, J., Kolb, A., and Taylor, C. (2021). Communities, Co-ops, and Clubs: Social Capital and Incentives in Large Collective Organizations. American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, 13(3), 29-69.
- Gryglewicz, S. and Kolb, A. (2021). Dynamic Signaling with Stochastic Stakes. Theoretical Economics, in press.
- Kolb, A., and Conitzer, V. (2020). Crying about a Strategic Wolf: A Theory of Crime and Warning. Journal of Economic Theory, 189, 105094..
- Ambrus, A. and Kolb, A. (2020). On Defining Ex Ante Payoffs in Games with Diffuse Prior. Economic Theory, in press.
- Ambrus, A., Baranovskyi, V., and Kolb, A. (2020). A Delegation-Based Theory of Expertise. American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, in press.
- Kolb, A. (2019). Strategic Real Options. Journal of Economic Theory, 183, 344-383. View Full Text
- Kolb, A. (2015). Optimal Entry Timing. Journal of Economic Theory, 157, 973-1000.
Edited on June 22, 2021