Areas of Expertise
Consumer behavior and decision making, branding, retail, investor psychology, generational differences, and marketing in China
- Ph.D., Michigan State University, May 1999
- M.A., University of Toledo, August 1995
- B.A., University of Toledo, June 1993
- Clinical Professor of Marketing, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2020-present
- Visiting/Adjunct Professor, Beijing International MBA Program (BiMBA), Peking University, Beijing, China, 2011-present
- Director of Undergraduate Marketing Program; Adjunct Professor of Marketing, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 2007-2020
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Marketing, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 2004-2007
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, The Pennsylvania State University, 1999-2004
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Wharton Teaching Excellence Award, 2019
- Wharton Teaching Excellence Award, 2018
- Emerald Literati Network Award for Excellence - Highly Commended Paper Award., 2017
- American Marketing Association Faculty Advisor Lifetime Achievement Award, 2016
- American Marketing Association Distinguished Service Award, 2015
- American Marketing Association Hugh G. Wales Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award, 2010
- Thomas C. Kinnear/Journal of Public Policy & Marketing Award, 2006
- William G. Whitney Award for Distinguished Undergraduate Teaching, 2006
- Wharton MBA Excellence in Teaching Award, 2005
- Barney-McNamara, B., Peltier, J., Chennamaneni, P. R. and Niedermeier, K. E. (2021). A conceptual framework for understanding the antecedents and consequences of social selling: a theoretical perspective and research agenda. Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, 15(1), 147-178. View Full Text
- Niedermeier, K.E., Wang, E., and Zhang, X. (2016). The use of social media among business-to-business sales professionals in China: How social media helps create and solidify guanxi relationships between sales professionals and customers. Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, 10(1), 33-49.
- Niedermeier, K. E. and Pierson, C. (2010). The impact of type-in interactivity and content consistency of Internet ads on brand and message recall. International Journal of Integrated Marketing Communications, 2(2), 61-68.
- Bradlow, E. T., Niedermeier K. E., and Williams, P. (2009). Marketing for Financial Advisors: Build Your Business by Establishing Your Brand, Knowing Your Clients, and Creating a Marketing Plan. New York: McGraw Hill.
- Goldberg, M. E., Niedermeier, K. E., Bechtel, L. J., and Gorn, G. J. (2006). Heightening adolescent vigilance towards alcohol advertising to forestall alcohol usage. Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, 25, 147-159.
- Niedermeier, K. E., Horowitz, I. A., and Kerr, N. L. (2001). Exceptions to the rule: The effects of remorse, status, and gender on decision making. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 31, 604-623.
- McConnell, A.R., Niedermeier, K.E., Leibold, J.M., El-Alayli, A.G., Chin, P.P., and Kuiper, N.M. (2000). What if I find it cheaper someplace else?: The role of prefactual thinking and anticipated regret in consumer behavior. Psychology and Marketing, 17, 281-298.
- Niedermeier, K.E., Kerr, N.L., and Messé, L.A. (1999). Jurors’ use of naked statistical evidence: Exploring the bases and implications of the Wells Effect. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 76, 533-542.
- Von Eye, A., & Niedermeier, K.E. (1999). Statistical analysis of longitudinal categorical data in the social and behavioral sciences. Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum.
Edited on October 14, 2021