Areas of Expertise
Empirical Industrial Organization, Static and Dynamic Pricing, Inter-temporal Dynamics in Consumers’ Choices, Emerging Markets, Diffusion of New Products, Email Marketing
- Ph.D. in Marketing, Washington University in St. Louis, 2013
- M.A. in Economics, Koc University, 2008
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering, Bilkent University, 2004
- Assistant Professor, Indiana University, 2018 – present
- Assistant Professor, Georgia State University, 2013 – 2018
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Best Paper Award, Digital Marketing Track at 2015 Summer AMA, Chicago, IL, 2015
- AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2012
- Hubert C. Moog Scholar, Washington University in St. Louis, 2012
- Doctoral Fellowship, Ph.D. Program, Washington University in St. Louis, 2008-2013
- Full Scholarship, M.A. Program, Koc University, 2006-2008
- Full Scholarship, M.A. Program, Turkish National Science Foundation, 2006-2008
- Full Scholarship, B.S. Program, Bilkent University, 1999-2004
- Cosguner, K., and Seetharaman, S. – Equal Authorship (2022). Dynamic Pricing for New Products Using a Utility-Based Generalization of the Bass Diffusion Model. Management Science, 68(3), 1904-1922.
- Sharma, A., Cosguner, K., Sharma, T., and Motiani, M. (2021). Channel Intermediaries and Manufacturer Performance: An Exploratory Investigation in an Emerging Market. Journal of Retailing, 97(4), 639-657.
- Wu, C., and Cosguner, K. (2020). Profiting from the Decoy Effect: A Case Study of an Online Diamond Retailer. Marketing Science, 39(5), 974–995
- Sharma A., Kumar, V., and Cosguner, K. – Equal Authorship (2019). Modeling Emerging Market Firms’ Competitive Retail Distribution Strategies. Journal of Marketing Research, 56(3), 439–458.
- Cosguner K., Chan, T. Y., and Seetharaman, S. (2018). Dynamic Pricing in a Distribution Channel in the Presence of Switching Costs. Management Science, 64(3), 1212-1229.
- Cosguner K., Chan, T. Y., and Seetharaman, S. (2017). Behavioral Price Discrimination in the Presence of Switching Costs. Marketing Science, 36(3), 426-435.
- Zhang, X., Kumar, V., and Cosguner, K. – Equal Authorship (2017). Dynamically Managing a Profitable Email Marketing Program. Journal of Marketing Research, 54(6), 851-866.
Edited on March 24, 2022