Areas of Expertise
Financial Accounting, Financial Statement Analysis
- D.B.A., Accounting, Indiana University, 1978
- B.S., Industrial Management, Purdue University, 1973
- Northwestern University, 1989-1990
- University of Washington, 1978-1988
- Visiting Professor, INSEAD, Fontainbleau, France, 1996-1997
- International Lecturer, Manchester, England, 1986
- International Lecturer, Kwansei Gakuin, Japan, 1987
- Visiting Professor, Banking Institute of the University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland, 1982-1983
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Associate Editor, The Accounting Review
- Educator of the Year, Indiana State Society of CPAs
- Numerous teaching awards
- Program Chairman, American Accounting Association, 1993
- Numerous editorial boards
- KPMG Research Opportunities in Auditing Grant
- Hirst, E., and Pratt, J. (2009), Financial Reporting and Value Creation: What the Executive Needs to Know, John Wiley & Sons.
- Pratt, J. (2006), Financial Accounting in an Economic Context (7th edition), John Wiley & Sons.
- Frederickson, J., Hodge, F., and Pratt, J. (2006). The Evolution of Stock Option Accounting: Disclosure, Voluntary Recognition, Mandated Recognition and Management Disavowals. The Accounting Review, 81(5), 1073-1093.
- Hodge, F., Hopkins, P. E., and Pratt, J. (2006). The Effect of Reporting Discretion and Reputation on the Credibility of Financial Statement Classification. Accounting, Organizations & Society, 31(7), 623-634.
- Hodge, F., Martin, R., and Pratt, J. (2006). Audit Qualifications of Income-Decreasing Accounting Changes. Contemporary Accounting Research, 23(2), 369-394.
Edited on June 18, 2021