Areas of Expertise
Financial analysts, information intermediaries, labor economics & human capital effects in accounting, corporate culture, banks and financial institutions
- Ph.D., Accounting, Cornell University, 2016
- M.S., Accounting, Cornell University, 2014
- B.S., Accounting and Finance, Georgetown University, 2008
- Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Assistant Professor of Accounting 2015-present
- Bristol-Myers Squibb, Financial Analyst 2009-2010
- Citigroup Corporate & Investment Bank, Analyst 2008-2009
- Pacelli, J., Drake, M., Joos, P., and Twedt, B. (2020). Analyst Forecast Bundling. Management Science, 66(9), 4024–4046.
- Coleman, B., Merkley, K. J., Miller B., and Pacelli, J. (2020). Does FOIA Foil the SEC’s Intent to Keep Investigations Private. Management Science, in press.
- Pacelli, J., Merkley, K. J., and Michaely, R. (2020). Cultural Diversity on Wall Street: Evidence from Consensus Earnings Forecasts. Journal of Accounting and Economics, 70(1), 101330.
- Gao, J., Kleiner, K., and Pacelli, J. (2020). Credit and Punishment: Are Corporate Bankers Disciplined for Risk Taking? Review of Financial Studies, 33(12), 5706–5749.
- Pacelli, J. (2019). Corporate Culture and Analyst Catering. Journal of Accounting and Economics, 67(1), 120-143.
- Hoopes, J. L., Merkley, K. J., Pacelli, J., and Schroeder, J. H. (2018). Audit Personnel Salaries and Audit Quality. Review of Accounting Studies, 23(3), 1096-1136.
- Merkley, K. J., Michaely, R., and Pacelli, J. (2017). Does the scope of the sell-side analyst industry matter? An examination of bias, accuracy and information content of analyst reports. Journal of Finance, 72(3), 1285-1334.
Edited on May 1, 2020