1309 E. 10th Street
Areas of Expertise
Brand Management, Retail Management, CPG Marketing, Managerial Decision Making, and Creativity.
- PhD, University of Wisconsin
- MBA, University of Iowa
- BS, Iowa State University
- Weatherhead School of Management Case Western Reserve University
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Loras College
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- MBA Teaching Excellence Award, Kelley School of Business, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Trustees' Teaching Award 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011
- Lilly Award for Teaching Excellence 2006
- MBA Innovative Teaching Award 2003
- 4-star rating in Business Week's Guide to Best Business Schools, 1997, 1998
- Tate Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1992
- American Marketing Association Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 1990
- Outstanding Teaching Award, Loras College, 1987
- Rusetski, A., Andrews, J., and Smith, D. C. (2014). Unjustified Prices: Environmental Drivers of Managers' Propensity to Overprice. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 42(4), 452-469.
- Andrews, J. (1999). Product Development: Why line extensions often backfire. Harvard Business Review, March/April.
- Andrews, J. (1998). New But Not Improved: Factors That Affect the Development of Meaningful Line Extensions. Marketing Science Institute Working Paper #98-124.
- Andrews, J. (1996). In Search of the Marketing Imagination: Factors that Affect the Creativity of Marketing Plans for Mature Products. Journal of Marketing Research, 33(2), 174-187.
Edited on June 1, 2023