Areas of Expertise
Leadership development, Board leadership, Workplace culture, including innovation, diversity and inclusion, Employment contracts and restrictive covenants, Social impact investing, privacy and ethics
- JD, University of Michigan
- AB, Georgetown University
- Associate, Faegre, Baker & Daniels, Indianapolis, IN
- Associate, Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease, Columbus, OH
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Best Conference Paper Award, Pacific Southwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business
- Life Sciences Research Fellow, Center for the Business of Life Science
- Ralph C. Hoeber Memorial Award for Outstanding Article in American Business Law Journal
- Indiana University Trustees’ Teaching Award
- Schuyler F. Otteson Undergraduate Teaching Excellence Award
- Charles M. Hewitt Master Teacher Award (Finalist and Overall Winner), Academy of Legal Studies in Business
- The Howard G. Schaller Undergraduate Teaching Award
- Outstanding Reviewer, American Business Law Journal
- Distinguished Service Award, Tri-State Regional of the Academy of Legal Studies in Business
- Manning Magid, J., Pagnattaro, M. A., and Cahoy, D. (2020). Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business, 19th Edition. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
- Manning Magid, J., Pagnattaro, M. A., Cahoy, D., Reed, L., and Shedd, P. (2018). Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business, 18th Edition. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
- Manning Magid, J. (2017). Monetize Vs. Incentivize: Contracting For Healthcare Innovation. 19 University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law 369.
- Manning Magid, Julie (2016). Cloaking: Public Policy and Pregnancy. 53 American Business Law Journal 439.
- Manning Magid, J. (2015). Is Pregnancy a Disability? Examining the Trend of Accommodation Legislation and Federal Disability Law. In Margaret Karsten (ed.) Gender, Race, & Ethnicity in the Workplace: Emerging Issues, Enduring. Santa Barabara, CA: Praeger.
- Manning Magid, J. (2015). Employee-Created Healthcare Innovation at a Crossroads. In Lynda Oswald & Marisa Anne Pagnatarro (Eds.) Managing the Legal Nexus Between Intellectual Property and Employees: Domestic and Global Contexts (45-71). UK: Edward Elgar.
- Prenkert, J. D., Manning Magid, J., and Fetter-Harrott, A. Retaliatory Disclosure: When Identifying the Complainant Is an Adverse Action. 91 North Carolina Law Review 889 (2013).
- Manning Magid, J., Tatikonda, M. V., and Cochran, P. L. (2009). Radio Frequency Identification and Privacy Law: An Integrative Approach. 46 American Business Law Journal 1.
- Manning Magid, J. (2006). Co-Branding Requires Strong Contract Protections. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 34(4).
- Prenkert, J. D., and Manning Magid, J. A Hobson’s Choice Model for Religious Accommodation Under Title VII. 43 American Business Law Journal 467 (2006).
- Manning Magid, J., Cox, A. D., and Cox, D. S. (2006). Quantifying Brand Image: Empirical Evidence of Trademark Dilution. 43 American Business Law Journal 1.
- Manning Magid, J., and Prenkert, J. D. The Religious and Associational Freedoms of Business Owners. 7 University of Pennsylvania Journal of Labor and Employment Law 191 (2005). Reprinted in 3 International Journal of Civil Society Law 14 (2005).
- Manning Magid, J. (2003). Contraception and Contractions: A Divergent Decade Following Johnson Controls. 41 American Business Law Journal 115.
- Manning Magid, J. (2001). Pregnant with Possibility: Reexamining the Pregnancy Discrimination Act. 38 American Business Law Journal 819.
Edited on August 1, 2022