Areas of Expertise
Impact of IT on Organizations, Platforms, Social Networks, Machine Learning, Social Media
- Ph.D. in Operations, Information and Decisions, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 2016
- B.A. in Finance, Peking University, 2011
- B.S. in Statistics, Peking University, 2011
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- ODT Research Scholar, 2022
- Winner of FACET Mumford Excellence in Extraordinary Teaching, 2021
- 3M Non-tenured Faculty Fellowship, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017
- Indiana University Trustees Teaching Award Finalist, 2020
- CIBER Grant, 2020
- Kelley School of Business, Innovative Teaching Award Finalist, 2020
- Wharton Risk Center Russell Ackoff Doctoral Student Fellowship, 2016, 2015
- William and Phyllis Mack Institute for Innovation Management Research Grant, 2015
- Baker Retail Center PhD Research Grant, 2011
- Chen, W., Jin, F., and Ling, X. (2022). Flourish or Perish? The Impact of Mergers and Acquisitions on Contributions to Open-Source Software Projects. Information Systems Research, in press.
- Tan, X., Jin, F., and Dennis, A. (2022). Not All Feedback is Created Equal: How Appreciation and Attention Affect Knowledge Contribution. Journal of Management Information Systems, in press.
- Wang, T., He, C., Jin, F., and Hu, Y.J. (2022). Evaluating the Effectiveness of Marketing Campaigns for Malls Using A Novel Interpretable Machine Learning Model. Information Systems Research, in press.
- Wu, L., Jin, F., and Hitt, L. M. (2018). Are all spillovers created equal? A network perspective on information technology labor movements. Management Science, 64(7), 3168-3186
- Clemons, E. K., Wilson, J., Matt, C., Hess, T., Ren, F., Jin, F., & Koh, N. S. (2016). Global Differences in Online Shopping Behavior: Understanding the Factors that Lead to Trust. Journal of Management Information Systems, 33(4), 1117-1148.
Edited on June 21, 2022