Areas of Expertise
Auditing, Implications of Auditing/Financial Accounting Standards, Financial Disclosures, Corporate Governance, Tax
- PhD, Accounting, Michigan State University, 2013
- MS, Accounting, Ball State University, 2004
- BS, Accounting, Ball State University, 2003
- Associate Professor, Kelley School of Business, 2020 – present
- Assistant Professor, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2013 – 2019
- Research and Teaching Assistant, Eli Broad College of Business, Michigan State University, 2008 – 2013
- Audit Senior, Ernst & Young LLP, Indianapolis, IN, 2003 – 2008
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Harry Sauvain Teaching Award, 2018
- Innovation in Teaching Award, 2018
- AAA Audit Midyear Meeting Best Paper Award, 2018
- Kelley Trustee Teaching Award, 2015
- AAA Auditing Section Outstanding Dissertation Award, 2015
- Michigan State University Student Excellence in Research Award, 2012
- Michigan State University Department of Residence Life Teaching Recognition, 2009
- Indiana CPA Society Top Ten CPA Exam Score Award, 2004
- Bhaskar, L. S., Schroeder, J. H., and Shepardson, M. (2019). Integration of Internal Control and Financial Statement Audits: Are Two Audits Better than One? The Accounting Review, 94(2), 53-81.
- Marshall, N.T., Schroeder, J. H., and Yohn, T. L. (2019). An Incomplete Audit at the Earnings Announcement: Implications for Financial Reporting Quality and the Market’s Reliance on Earnings. Contemporary Accounting Research, 36(4), 2035-2068.
- Bhaskar, L. S., Hopkins, P. E., and Schroeder, J. H. (2019). An Investigation of Auditors’ Judgments when Companies Release Earnings before Audit Completion. Journal of Accounting Research, 57(2), 355-390.
- Arif, S., Marshall, N.T., J.H. Schroeder and T.L. Yohn (2019). A Growing Disparity in Earnings Disclosure Mechanisms: The Rise of Concurrently Released Earnings Announcements and 10-Ks. Journal of Accounting and Economics, 68(1), .
- Hoopes, J. L., Merkley, K. J., Pacelli, J., and Schroeder, J. H. (2018). Audit Personnel Salaries and Audit Quality. Review of Accounting Studies, 23(3), 1096-1136.
- Schroeder, J. H., and Shepardson, M. (2016). Do SOX 404 Control Audits and Management Assessments Improve Overall Internal Control System Quality? The Accounting Review, 91(5), 1513-1541.
- Schroeder, J. H. (2016). The Impact of Audit Completeness and Quality on Earnings Announcement GAAP Disclosures. The Accounting Review, 91(2), 677-705.
- Allee, K. D., Lynch, D. P., Petroni, K. R., and Schroeder, J. H. (2015). Do Property Taxes Affect Real Operating Decisions and Market Prices for Crude Oil? Contemporary Accounting Research, 32 (2), 736-762.
- Schroeder, J. H., and Hogan, C. E. (2013). The Impact of PCAOB AS5 and the Economic Recession on Client Portfolio Characteristics of the Big 4 Audit Firms. Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, 32(4), 95-127.
Edited on November 14, 2023