Areas of Expertise
Global Strategy, Global Corporate Governance, Innovation, Emerging Markets
- PhD, University of Miami
- MS, Sun Yat-sen University
- BA, South China University of Technology
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Winner, GWU-CIBER Best Paper on Emerging Markets, Academy of Management 2019 Annual Meeting International Management Division
- Winner, Best Paper Award on Emerging Economies Research, Academy of International Business 2019 Annual Meeting
- Award of Academic Merit, University of Miami, 2018
- National Fellowship for Studying Abroad, Ministry of Education of China, 2009-2010
- National Fellowship for Excellent Graduate Students, Sun Yat-sen University, 2008-2010
- National Silver Award in the 5th China “Challenge Cup” New Ventures Plan Competition, 2006
- Bu, J., & Cuervo-Cazurra, A. (2020). Informality costs: Informal entrepreneurship and innovation in emerging economies. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 14(3), 329-368.
- Luo, Y., Maksimov, A., and Bu, J. (2020). Making Geographic Dispersion Work for Emerging Market MNEs. Journal of International Management, in press.
- Luo, Y., Zhang, H., & Bu, J. (2019). Developed country MNEs investing in developing economies: Progress and prospect. Journal of International Business Studies, 50(4), 633–667.
- Luo, Y., & Bu, J. (2018). Contextualizing international strategy by emerging market firms: A composition-based approach. Journal of World Business, 53(3), 337-355.
- Luo, Y., & Bu, J. (2018). When are emerging market multinationals more risk taking? Global Strategy Journal, 8(4), 635-664.
- Luo, Y., & Bu, J. (2016). How valuable is information and communication technology? A study of emerging economy enterprises. Journal of World Business, 51(2), 200-211.
Edited on June 25, 2020