Areas of Expertise
Supply Chain Design, Supply Chain Planning and Control, Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
- PhD, Operations Management, Ohio State University, 1979
- MBA, Ohio State University, 1976
- BS, Industrial Engineering, Ohio State University, 1972
- BS, Computer Science, Ohio State University, 1972
- Indiana University, 1982-present
- University of Houston, 1979-82
- Ohio State University, 1975-79
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Past President and Fellow of the Decision Sciences Institute
- Board of Directors, APICS - The Association for Operations Management
- MBA Teaching Innovation Award
- Students Award for Teaching Excellence in International Business Issues
- Teaching Excellence in Operations Management
- Jacobs, F. R., and Salzarulo, P. (2014). The Incremental Value of Central Control in Serial Supply Chain. International Journal of Production Research, 52(7), 1989-2006.
- Jacobs, F. R., and Chase, R. (2012), Operations and Supply Chain Management – The Core (3rd Edition), Chicago, IL: Irwin/McGraw-Hill.
- Cattani, K., Jacobs, F. R., and Schoenfelder, J. (2011). Common Inventory Modeling Assumptions that Fall Short: Arborescent Networks, Poisson Demand, and Single-Echelon Approximations. Journal of Operations Management, 29(5), 488-499.
- Jacobs, F. R., and Chase, R. (2010). Operations and Supply Chain Management (13th Edition), Chicago, IL: Irwin/McGraw-Hill.
Edited on February 3, 2020