Areas of Expertise
Open Innovation, Social Networks, Marketing Strategy, Technology Management
- PhD in Business Administration, Smeal School of Business, The Pennsylvania State University, 2008
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, Indian Institute of Management, 2001
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Osmania University, 1999
- Associate Professor of Marketing, Indiana University, 2018–Present
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, Indiana University, 2011-2018
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, Kenan-Flegler Business School, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2007-2011
- Area Sales Manager, Pramati Technologies, India, 2001-02
- Graduate Summer Intern, Sales, Coca-Cola India Pvt. Ltd., 2000
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Weimer Faculty Fellowship, 2020 - current
- Eli Lilly and Company Faculty Fellowship, 2018 - 2020
- 3M Faculty Fellowship, 2014 - 2017
- Smeal Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2006
- Peter Liberti and Judy D. Olian Scholarship, 2006
- ISBM Business Marketing Doctoral Fellow, 2005
- ISBM Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2005
- David T. Wilson Scholarship, 2005-06
- ISBM Scholarship, Penn State University, 2005-07
- AMA Doctoral Consortium Fellow, University of Connecticut, 2005
- Paul F. Anderson Scholarship, 2004-05, July 2010
- Haring Symposium Fellow, Indiana University, 2004
- Smeal Small Research Grant from the Dean's Office, 2004
- Best Candidacy Exam Performance, Penn State University, 2004
- Smeal Scholarship, 2002
- Fossen, B., Mallapragada, G., and De, A. (2021). Impact of Political Television Advertisements on Viewers’ Response to Subsequent Advertisements. Marketing Science, 40(2), 305-324.
- Herd, K., Mallapragada, G., and Narayan, N. (2021). Do Backer Affiliations Help or Hurt Crowdfunding Success? Journal of Marketing, in press.
- Borah, S., Mallapragada, G., Bommaraju, R., Venkatesan, R., and Thongpanl, T. (2021). Interfirm Collaboration and Exchange Relationships: A Research Agenda for Future Research. International Journal of Research in Marketing, in press.
- Srinivasan, R., Wuyts, S., and Mallapragada, G. (2018). Board Interlocks and New Product Introductions. Journal of Marketing, 82(1), 132-148.
- Mallapragada, G., and Srinivasan, R. (2017). Innovativeness as an Unintended Outcome of Franchising: Insights from Restaurant Chains. Decision Sciences, 48(6), 1164-1197.
- Mallapragada, G., Lahiri, N., and Nerkar, A. (2016). Peer Review and Research Impact. Customer Needs and Solutions, 3(1), 29-41.
- Mallapragada, G., Chandukala, S., and Liu, Q. (2016). Exploring the Effects of What (Product) and Where (Website) Characteristics on Online Shopping Behavior. Journal of Marketing, 80(2), 21-38.
- Mallapragada, G., Grewal, R., Mehta, R., and Dharwadkar, R. (2015). Virtual Interfirm Relationships: Examining Heterogeneity in the Effects of Dependence Structures on Relational Outcomes. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 43(5), 610-628.
- Grewal, R., Kumar, A., Mallapragada, G., and Saini, A. (2013). Efficacy of Channel Control Mechanisms in Foreign markets: The Role of Multinational Corporations’ Global Strategies and the Host Country Environment. Journal of Marketing Research, 50(3), 378-398.
- Grewal, R., Chandrasekharan, M., Johnson, J. L., and Mallapragada, G. (2013). Environments, Unobserved Heterogeneity, and the Effect of Market Orientation on Outcomes for High-Tech Firms. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 41(22), 206-233.
- Mallapragada, G., Grewal, R., and Lilien, G. (2012). User-Generated Open Source Products: Founder’s Social Capital and Time-to-Market. Marketing Science, 31(3), 474-492.
- Grewal, R., Lilien, G., and Mallapragada, G. (2006). Location, Location, Location: How Network Embeddedness Affects Project Success in Open Source Systems. Management Science, 52(7), 1043-1056.
Edited on December 8, 2021