- PhD, Ohio State University, 1980
- MBA, Wright State University, 1972
- BSIM, Purdue University, 1970
- Ohio State University, 1978-1979
- Wittenberg University, 1976-1977
- Wright State University, 1973-1976
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Counselor of Real Estated (CRE) Designation
- Former President, American Real Estate and Urban Economic Association
- Board of Directors - MIG Residential REIT, Paul I Cripe Company & Homer Hoyt Institute
- Schuyler F. Otteson Teaching Award
- Prea/Graaskamp Award - Research Excellence
- Honorary Fellow in the Japanese Association for Real Estate Securitization, Tokyo, 2006
- Fisher, J., Geltner, D., and Pollakowski, H. (2007). A Quarterly Transactions-Based Index of Institutional Real Estate Investment Performance and Movements in Supply and Demand. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 34(1), 5–33.
- Fisher, J., and Goetzmann, W. (2005). Performance of Real Estate Portfolios: A Bootstrapping Approach. Journal of Portfolio Management, Special Issue.
- Fisher, J. (2005). New Strategies for Commercial Real Estate Investment and Risk Management: Introducing the NPI-based derivative. Journal of Portfolio Management, Special Issue.
- Fisher, J., Smith, B., Stern, J., and Webb, B. (2005). Analysis of Economic Depreciation for Multi-Family Property. Journal of Real Estate Research, 27(4), 355-370.
Edited on February 5, 2020