1309 E. 10th Street
Areas of Expertise
Omnichannel Operations Management, Marketing-Operations Interface, Socially Responsible Operations Management
- PhD, University of Pennsylvania, 2017
- MS, Tsinghua University, 2012
- BS, Tsinghua University, 2010
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Early Career Research Impact Award, Kelley School of Business, 2022
- CIBER Funding Award, 2021
- Winner, Best OM Paper in Management Science, 2020
- M&SOM Best Paper Award, 2020
- IU Trustee Teaching Award, 2020
- Finalist, Best OM Paper in Management Science, 2019
- ODT Faculty Scholar Award, 2019
- Management Science Distinguished Service Award, 2018
- M&SOM Meritorious Service Award, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Paul R. Kleindorfer Scholar award, Wharton OID Department, 2015
- Finalist, MSOM Student Paper Competition, 2015
- Baker Retail Center Research Grant, 2015-2016
- Wharton Doctoral Student Fellowship, 2012-2017
- Lim, S., Gao, F., & Tan, T. (2023). Channel Changes Choice: An Empirical Study about Omnichannel Demand Sensitivity to Fulfillment Lead Time. Management Science, in press.
- Gao, F., Agrawal, V., & Cui, S. (2022). The Effect of Multi-Channel and Omni-Channel Retailing on Physical Stores. Management Science, 68(2), 809–826.
- Gao, F. & Cui, S. (2022). Product Design with the Triple Bottom Line. In H. Lee, R. Ernst, A. Huchzermeier, and S. Cui, (Eds.) Creating Values with Operations Analytics (51-64). Springer.
- Gao, F., & Souza., G. C. (2022). Carbon Offsetting with Eco-Conscious Consumers. Management Science, 68(11), 7879-7897
- Gao, F., Cui, S., & Cohen, M. A. (2021). Performance, Reliability or Time-to-Market? Innovative Product Development and the Impact of Government Regulation. Production and Operations Management, 30(1), 253-275.
- Gao, F. (2020). Cause Marketing: Product Pricing, Design and Distribution. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 22(4), 775-791. View Full Text
- Gao, F., & Su, X. (2020). New Models of Strategic Customers in the Age of Omnichannel Retailing. In S. Ray and S. Lin (Eds.) Channel Strategies and Marketing Mix in a Connected World (147-164), Springer.
- Gao, F., & Su, X. (2019). New Functions of Physical Stores in the Age of Omnichannel Retailing. In S. Gallino, A. Moreno (Eds.) Operations in an Omnichannel World (35-50), Springer.
- Gao, F., & Su, X. (2018). Omnichannel Service Operations with Online and Offline Self-Order Technologies. Management Science, 64(8), 3595-3608. View Full Text
- Gao, F., & Su, X. (2017). Omnichannel retail operations with buy-online-and-pick-up-in-store. Management Science, 63(8), 2478-2492. View Full Text
- Gao, F., & Su, X. (2017). Online and offline information for omnichannel retailing. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 19(1), 84-98. View Full Text
- Gao, F., & Chen, J. (2015). The role of discount vouchers in market with customer valuation uncertainty. Production and Operations Management, 24(4), 665-679. View Full Text
Edited on January 9, 2023