Areas of Expertise
Sales Organization Effectiveness, Sales Management, Personal Selling, B2B Marketing and Sales, Sales for Social Impact, Sales Compensation, General Marketing
- MBA in Marketing and General Management, Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan, 1993
- BA in Chemistry, Indiana University, 1986
- Lecturer of Marketing, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, 2018 – present
- President, The Spahr Group, LLC, 2017 – present
- Adjunct Professor, Driehaus College of Business and Kellstadt Graduate School of Business, DePaul University, 2017
- Senior Principal & Senior Sales Performance Consultant, Mercer, 2012 – 2016
- Vice President, Sales Effectiveness, Sibson Consulting, 2007 – 2012
- Principal, Sales Effectiveness Consulting, Mercer Human Resource Consulting, 2006 – 2007
- Senior Associate, Sales Effectiveness Consulting, Mercer Human Resource Consulting, 2003 – 2006
- Senior Consultant & Project Manager, Towers Perrin, 2001 – 2002
- Senior Manager & Telecommunications Practice Leader, The Alexander Group, Inc., 2000
- Senior Consultant, The Alexander Group, Inc., 1996 – 2000
- Consultant, The Alexander Group, Inc., 1996 – 1997
- Applications Engineer / Territory Manager, AlliedSignal Plastics, 1989 – 1996
- Sales Trainee / Sales Representative, Dow Corning, 1986 – 1989
- Spahr, D., Hubbartt, D., Reiman, P., and Scott, D. (2016). The Right Pay Mix to Target Changing Pay Preferences. WorldatWork’s Spotlight on Sales Compensation, August.
- Spahr, D., and Butler, R. L. (2013). Avoiding Sales Compensation Plan Crimes. Workspan: The Magazine of WorldatWork, October.
- Spahr, D. (2010). When 2 + 2 does not equal 4: The Philosophies of Quota Allocation and Cost Modeling. WorldatWork Total Rewards Conference, May.
- Spahr, D., and DiMisa, J. (2009). How to Properly Manage, Reward, and Compensate the Millennial Generation. Synygy Sales Performance Conference – General Session, May.
Edited on December 8, 2021