Areas of Expertise
Customer Order Scheduling, Changeover Scheduling, Supply Chain Management, Lead Time/Cycle Time Reduction
- PhD, Purdue University, 1990
- MS, Purdue University, 1983
- BS, Purdue University, 1980
- Kelley School of Business: Faculty 1991-present
- General Motors: Production Control and Supervision 1983-1987
- Bell Helicopter Textron: Test Engineer 1980-1981
- Union City Body Company: Drafting and Design 1975-1979
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Kelley Teaching Excellence Recognition Award
- Kelley Research Excellence Award
- MBA Teaching Excellence Award
- Business Week Outstanding Faculty
- Anderson, B., Blocher, J.D., Bretthauer, K.M., and Venkataramanan, M.A. (2013). An Efficient Network-based Formulation for Sequence Dependent Setup Scheduling on Parallel Identical Machines. Mathematical and Computer Modelling, 57(3-4), 483-493.
- Blocher, J.D., Choi, S.P., and Gavirneni, S. (2008). Value of Sharing Production Yield Information in a Serial Supply Chain. Production and Operations Management, 17(6), 1-12.
- Blocher, J.D., and Chhajed, D. (2008). Minimizing Customer Order Lead - Time in a Two - Stage Assembly Supply Chain. Annals of Operations Research, 161(1), pp. 25-52.
- Bendoly, E., Blocher, J.D., Bretthauer, K.M., Krishnan, S. and Venkataramanan, M. A. (2005). Online/In-Store Integration and Customer Retention. Journal of Service Research, 7(4), 313-327.
Edited on September 3, 2020