Areas of Expertise
Corporate governance, financial reporting, managerial characteristics
- PhD, Cornell University, 2002
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- “Favorite Professor” Award - IUPUI Athletic Department (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Schuyler F. Otteson Award for Undergraduate Teaching Excellence (2017)
- Best Paper Award, Financial Accounting and Reporting Section of the American Accounting Association, 2010
- Beneish, M. D., Farber, D. B., Glendening, M., and Shaw, K. W. (2023). Aggregate Financial Misreporting and the Predictability of U.S. Recessions and GDP Growth. The Accounting Review, in press.
- Baik, B, Choi, S., and Farber, D. B. (2020). Managerial Ability and Income Smoothing. The Accounting Review, 95(4), 1-22.
- Farber, D. B., Huang, S., and Mauldin, E. (2018). Audit Committee Accounting Expertise, Analyst Following, and Market Liquidity. Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance, 33(2), 174-199. View Full Text
- Farber, D. B., Baik, B., Brockman, P., and Lee, S. (2018). Managerial Ability and the Quality of Firms’ Information Environment. Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance, 33(4), 506–527.
- Baik, B., Chae, J., Choi, S., and Farber, D. B. (2013). Changes in Operational Efficiency and Firm Performance: A Frontier Analysis Approach. Contemporary Accounting Research, 30(3): 996–1026.
- Baik, B., Farber, D. B., and Lee, S. (2011). CEO Ability and Management Earnings Forecasts. Contemporary Accounting Research, 28(5), 1645-1668.
- Baik, B., Farber, D. B., and Petroni, K. R. (2009). Analysts’ Incentives and Street Earnings. Journal of Accounting Research, 47(1): 45-69.
- Cheng, Q., and Farber, D. B. (2008). Earnings Restatements, Changes in CEO Compensation, and Firm Performance. The Accounting Review, 83(2), 1217-1250.
- Farber, D. B., Johnson, M. F., Petroni, D. R. (2007). Congressional Intervention in the Standard Setting Process: An Analysis of the Stock Option Accounting Reform Act of 2004. Accounting Horizons, 21(1), 1-22.
- Farber, D. B. (2005). Restoring Trust after Fraud: Does Corporate Governance Matter? The Accounting Review, 80(2), 539-561.
Edited on December 16, 2022