Areas of Expertise
Healthcare IT, Emerging Technology (Fintech, Artificial Intelligence, and Platform), IT Labor & IT Management
- Ph.D. , 2018, Information Systems, Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland (UMD)
- MS, 2007, Information Systems, National Tsing Hua University (NTHU)
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- ODT Faculty Scholar Award, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2021
- Frank T. Paine Award for Academic Achievement, Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, 2018
- International Conference for Smart Health (ICSH 2017) Best Paper Nominee, June, 2017
- All-S.T.A.R. Fellowship ($10,000), awarded by the graduate school to only 16 out of approximately 4000 graduate students at UMD and the only recipient from the Business School, May, 2017
- CIBER PhD Research Award ($4,000), Center for International Business Education and Research, April, 2017
- Summer Research Fellowship ($5,000), University of Maryland Graduate School, June 2016
- Outstanding Graduate Assistantship Award, Top 2% of Graduate Assistants of approximately 4,000 UMD graduate students, University of Maryland Graduate School, May 2016
- International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2016) Best Paper (Runner-up), December, 2016
- Liu, C., Yang, M., and Wen, M. (2023). Judge Me on My Losers: Do Robo-Advisors Outperform Human Investors during the COVID-19 Financial Market Crash? Production and Operations Management (Article in Advance).
- Liu, C., Wang, W., Gao, G., and Agarwal, R. (2023). The Value of Virtual Engagement: Evidence from Runners. Management Science (Accepted).
- Liu, C., Mithas, S., and Saldanha, T. (2023). Do Technology Resources Influence Income Mobility? The Role of Regional and Caste Spillovers from Computer Ownership. MIS Quarterly (Conditionally Accepted).
- Zhang, W., Liu, C., Liu, M., and Cheng, Y. (2023). The Sales Impacts of Traffic Acquisition Promotion in Live Streaming Commerce. Production and Operations Management (Accepted).
- Pan, Y., Hsieh, J. P., Mithas, S., and Liu, C. (2023). Do Risk Preferences Shape the Effect of Online Trading on Trading Frequency, Volume, and Portfolio Performance? Journal of Management Information Systems, 40(2), 440-469.
- Liu, C., Gao, G., and Agarwal, R. (2022). Reciprocity or Self-Interest? Leveraging Digital Social Connections for Healthy Behavior. MIS Quarterly, 46(1), 261-298.
- Mithas, S., Chen, Y., Liu, C., and Han, K. (2022). Are Foreign and Domestic Workers Complements or Substitutes? The Case of Information Technology Professionals. MIS Quarterly, 46(4), 2351-2366.
- Liu, C., Huang, P., and Lucas, H. (2020). Centralized IT Decision Making and Cybersecurity Breaches: Evidence from U.S. Higher Education Institutions. Journal of Management Information Systems, 37(3), 758-787.
- Liu, C., Gao, G., Agarwal, R. (2019). Unraveling the “Social” in Social Norms: The Conditioning Effect of User Connectivity. Information Systems Research, 30(4), 1272-1295.
- Agarwal, R., Liu, C., and Prasad, K. (2019). Personal research, second opinions, and the diagnostic effort of experts. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 158, 44-61.
- Whitaker, J., Mithas, S., and Liu, C. (2019). Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder: Toward a Contextual Understanding of Compensation of IT Professionals Within and Across Geographies. Information Systems Research, 30(3), 892-911.
Edited on July 10, 2023