Areas of Expertise
Business Analytics, Mobile Health, Fintech, Artificial Intelligence
- Ph.D. , 2018, Information Systems, Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland (UMD)
- MS, 2007, Information Systems, National Tsing Hua University (NTHU)
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Frank T. Paine Award for Academic Achievement, Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, 2018
- International Conference for Smart Health (ICSH 2017) Best Paper Nominee, June, 2017
- All-S.T.A.R. Fellowship ($10,000), awarded by the graduate school to only 16 out of approximately 4000 graduate students at UMD and the only recipient from the Business School, May, 2017
- CIBER PhD Research Award ($4,000), Center for International Business Education and Research, April, 2017
- Summer Research Fellowship ($5,000), University of Maryland Graduate School, June 2016
- Outstanding Graduate Assistantship Award, Top 2% of Graduate Assistants of approximately 4,000 UMD graduate students, University of Maryland Graduate School, May 2016
- International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2016) Best Paper (Runner-up), December, 2016
- Liu, C., Gao, G., and Agarwal, R. (2022). Reciprocity or Self-Interest? Leveraging Digital Social Connections for Healthy Behavior. MIS Quarterly, 46(1), 261-298.
- Liu, C., Huang, P., and Lucas, H. (2020). Centralized IT Decision Making and Cybersecurity Breaches: Evidence from U.S. Higher Education Institutions. Journal of Management Information Systems, 37(3), 758-787.
- Liu, C., Gao, G., Agarwal, R. (2019). Unraveling the “Social” in Social Norms: The Conditioning Effect of User Connectivity. Information Systems Research, 30(4), 1272-1295.
- Agarwal, R., Liu, C., and Prasad, K. (2019). Personal research, second opinions, and the diagnostic effort of experts. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 158, 44-61.
- Whitaker, J., Mithas, S., and Liu, C. (2019). Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder: Toward a Contextual Understanding of Compensation of IT Professionals Within and Across Geographies. Information Systems Research, 30(3), 892-911.
Edited on January 28, 2022