Areas of Expertise
Gossip, Justice, Trust
- Ph.D., University of Georgia, Athens, GA, 2015
- M.B.A., Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, 2009
- B.S., Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, 2005
- Project Management, Kellogg, Brown and Root. Mosul, Iraq. 2010–2011
- Internal Audit, Deloitte & Touche. Houston, TX. 2008
- Project Management, Kellogg, Brown and Root. Kirkuk, Iraq. 2005–2006
- Outlaw, R. and Baer, M. D. (2023). What you say matters: Moving beyond gossiping extent to explore the positive effects of gossip truthfulness and gossip interestingness. Personnel Psychology, conditionally accepted.
- Welsh, D., Outlaw, R., Newton, D., and Baer, M. D. (2022). The social aftershocks of voice: An investigation of employees’ affective and interpersonal reactions after speaking up. Academy of Management Journal, 65(6), 2034–2057. (All authors contributed equally; authors are listed in reverse alphabetical order, which was randomly determined.)
- Bush, J., Baer, M. D., Welsh, D., Outlaw, R., Garud, N., and Sessions, H. (2022). To what do I owe this visit? Drawbacks and benefits of in-role and non-role intrusions. Journal of Management, 48(7), 1888–1917.
- Outlaw, R., Colquitt, J. A., Baer, M. D., and Sessions, H. (2019). How fair versus how long: An integrative theory-based examination. Personnel Psychology, 72(3), 361-391.
- Porter, C. O. L. H., Outlaw, R., Gale, J., and Cho, T. (2019). The use of online panel data in management research: A review and recommendations. Journal of Management, 45(1), 319–344.
- Colquitt, J. A., Zipay, K., Lynch, J. W., and Outlaw, R. (2018). Bringing “the beholder” center stage: On the propensity to perceive overall fairness. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 148, 159-177.
- Baer, M. D., Rodell, J. B., Dhensa-Kahlon, R., Colquitt, J. A., Zipay, K., Burgess, R., and Outlaw, C. R. (2018). Pacification or aggravation? The effects of talking about supervisor unfairness. Academy of Management Journal, 61(5), 1764–1788. View Full Text
- Long, D. M., Baer, M. D., Colquitt, J. A., Outlaw, R., and Dhensa-Kahlon, R. K. (2015). What will the boss think?: The impression management implications of supportive relationships with star and project peers. Personnel Psychology, 68(3), 463-498.
- Baer, M. D., Dhensa-Kahlon, R. K., Colquitt, J. A., Rodell, J. B., Outlaw, R., & Long, D. M. (2015). Uneasy lies the head that bears the trust: The effects of feeling trusted on emotional exhaustion. Academy of Management Journal, 58(6), 1637-1657.
Edited on December 8, 2022