Areas of Expertise
Exchange rate behavior, Financial market impact of Federal Reserve policies, Global financial markets, International economics and finance
- PhD, University of Chicago, 1988
- MA, University of Chicago, 1983
- BA, Indiana University, 1981
- Visiting Professor, The University of Melbourne (2004, 2007)
- Economist, Research Department Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- Senior Financial Economist, Securities and Exchange Commission
- Assistant Professor, University of Washington
- Junior Economist, Council of Economic Advisors
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- 13 Kelley School of Business Evening MBA Teaching Excellence Awards (1998-2021)
- 4 Indiana University Trustees Teaching Awards (2003-2016)
- Eli Lilly Alumni MBA Teaching Excellence Award (2009, 2017)
- Kelley Direct Teaching Excellence Award, 2012
- Kelley School of Business Schuyler Otteson Undergraduate Teaching Award, 2020
- Kelley School of Business Service Award, 2003
- Merton Miller Prize for the Best Paper in the Journal of Business, 1998
- Bonser-Neal, C. (2015). Why Austerity? A Review of Recent Evidence on the Economic Effects of Sovereign Debt. 22 Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies 543.
- Bonser-Neal, C., Sellon, G. H., and Roley, V. V. (2000). The Effect of Monetary Policy Actions on Exchange Rates Under Interest-Rate Targeting. Journal of International Money and Finance, 19(5), 601-631.
- Bonser-Neal, C., Roley, V. V., and Sellon, G. H. (1998). Monetary Policy Actions, Intervention, and Exchange Rates: A Re-examination of the Empirical Relationships Using Federal Funds Rate Target Data. Journal of Business, 71(2), 147-177.
- Bonser-Neal, C., and Tanner, G. (1996). Central Bank Intervention and the Volatility of Foreign Exchange Rates: Evidence from the Options Market. Journal of International Money and Finance, 15(6), 853-878.
- Bonser-Neal, C., and Roley, V. V. (1994). Are Japanese Rates Too Stable? Journal of International Money and Finance, 13(3), 291-318.
- Bonser-Neal, C. (1990). Monetary Regime Changes and the Behavior of Ex Ante Real Interest Rates: A Multi-Country Study. Journal of Monetary Economics, 26(3), 329-359.
- Neal, R., Bonser-Neal, C., Brauer, G., and Wheatley, S. (1990). International Investment Restrictions and Closed-End Country Fund Prices. Journal of Finance, 45(2), 523-547.
Edited on April 20, 2022