Areas of Expertise
Human resource management, organizational behavior, job performance, counterproductive work behavior, organizational citizenship behavior, fairness/validity of pre-employment tests.
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota, 2007
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Exceptional Inspiration and Guidance Award from the Kelley School of Business Doctoral Student Association (2018-2019)
- Fellow, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (elected 2019)
- Distinguished Early Career Contributions –Science Award, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (2015)
- Kelley School of Business Research Award – Associate Professor (2014-2015)
- Associate Editor, Journal of Applied Psychology (2014-2020)
- Featured Top Poster, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology Conference (2013)
- Early Career Achievement Award, Academy of Management Human Resources Division (2012)
- Finalist, Journal of Organizational Behavior Best Paper Award (2012)
- Reviewer of the Year, Journal of Business and Psychology (2011)
- Featured Top Poster, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology Conference (2009)
- Meredith P. Crawford Fellowship, Human Resources Research Organization (2006-2007)
- John C. Flanagan Award, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (2004)
- Berry, C. M. (2022). A critical examination and meta-analysis of the distinction between the dominance and anti-egalitarianism facets of social dominance orientation. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, in press.
- Cho, I., Berry, C. M., Payne, S. C., & Lee, P. (2022). Too good to be true? Are supervisor-perspective ratings a valid substitute for actual supervisor ratings? Journal of Applied Psychology, in press.
- Walter, S., Gonzalez-Mulé, E., Guarana, C., O’Boyle, E., Berry, C. M., & Baldwin, T. T. (2021). The race discipline gap: A cautionary note on archival measures of behavioral misconduct. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 166, 166-178. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.obhdp.2020.03.010
- Sackett, P. R., Zhang, C., & Berry, C. M. (2021). Challenging conclusions about predictive bias against Hispanic test-takers in personnel selection. Journal of Applied Psychology, in press.
- Sackett, P. R., Zhang, C., Berry, C. M., & Lievens, F. (2021). Revisiting meta-analytic estimates of validity in personnel selection: Addressing systematic overcorrection for restriction of range. Journal of Applied Psychology, in press.
- Berry, C. M., Zhao, P., Batarse, J., & Reddock, C. (2020). Revisiting predictive bias of cognitive ability tests against Hispanic American job applicants. Personnel Psychology, 73(3), 517-542.
- Lee, Y., Berry, C. M., & Gonzalez-Mulé, E. (2019). The importance of being humble: A meta-analysis and incremental validity analysis of the relationship between honesty-humility and job performance. Journal of Applied Psychology, 104(12), 1535-1546.
- Shepherd, D. A., Patzelt, H., & Berry, C. M. (2019). Why didn't you tell me? Voicing concerns over objective information about a project's flaws. Journal of Management, 45(3), 1087–1113.
- Choi, J., Miao, C., Oh, I-S, Berry, C. M., & Kim K. (2019). Relative importance of major job performance dimensions in determining supervisors’ overall job performance ratings. Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences, 36(3), 377-389.
- Carpenter, N. C., & Berry, C. M. (2017). Are counterproductive work behavior and withdrawal empirically distinct? A meta-analytic investigation. Journal of Management, 43(3), 834-863.
- Fife, D. A., Mendoza, J. L., & Berry, C. M. (2017). Estimating incremental validity under missing data. Multivariate Behavioral Research, 52, 164-177.
Edited on June 16, 2022