Areas of Expertise
Behavioral Strategy, Strategic Leadership, Corporate Governance, Stakeholder Theory, Values and Political Ideologies of Top Executives
- Ph.D. in Management, The Pennsylvania State University, 2014
- M.S. in Strategy and International Business, Seoul National University, 2009
- B.A. in Economics, Seoul National University, 2006
- Editorial Review Board, Strategic Management Journal
- Editorial Review Board, Administrative Science Quarterly
- Editorial Review Board, Academy of Management Journal
- Chin, M. K., Zhang, S. X., Jahanshahi, A. A., & Nadkarni, S. (2021). Unpacking Political Ideology: CEO Social and Economic Ideologies, Strategic Decision-making Processes, and Corporate Entrepreneurship. Academy of Management Journal, in press. View Full Text
- Semadeni, M., Chin, M. K., & Krause, R. (2021). Pumping the Brakes: Examining the Impact of CEO Political Ideology Divergence on Firm Responses. Academy of Management Journal, in press. View Full Text
- Chin, M. K. (2018). Political Ideology in Organizations. In Oxford Bibliographies in Management, Ed. Ricky Griffin, New York: Oxford University Press.
- Chin, M. K., Zhang, S. X., Jahanshahi, A. A., & Nadkarni, S. (2018). The Effect of Two Dimensions of CEO Political Ideology on TMT Decision-making Process and Corporate Entrepreneurship. Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings.
- Chin, M.K., & Semadeni, M. (2017). CEO Political Ideologies and Pay Egalitarianism within Top Management Teams. Strategic Management Journal, 38(8), 1608-1625.
- Briscoe, F., Chin, M.K., & Hambrick, D.C. (2014). CEO Ideology as an Element of the Corporate Opportunity Structure for Social Activists. Academy of Management Journal, 57(6), 1786-1809.
- Chin, M.K., Hambrick, D.C., & Trevino, L.K., (2013). Political Ideologies of CEOs: The Influence of Executives’ Values on Corporate Social Responsibility. Administrative Science Quarterly, 58(2), 197-232.
Edited on May 26, 2021