Areas of Expertise
Corporate Finance Law, Business Ethics, Sports and Entertainment Law, Intellectual Property Law
- JD, New York University School of Law, 1977
- BS, Ohio State University, 1974
- University of San Diego School of Law, 1983-1984
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Graduate Accounting Programs, Outstanding Professor Award, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Kelley School of Business, Trustees Teaching Award, 2003, 2005, 2011, 2013
- Kelley School of Business, Innovative Teaching Award, 2004
- Alpha Kappa Psi, Teaching Excellence Award, 1994, 1997
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers, 1994, 2000
- Student Choice Award (campus-wide), 1988
- MBAA Teaching Excellence Award in Business Law, 1983
- Teacher of the Year - IU Dental School, 1981, 1983
- Student Alumni Council Outstanding Teacher Award, 1982
- Bowers, T. America's Addiction to Tontines. 55 Business Horizons 313 (2012).
- Bowers, T. (2012). Facebook Fallout: Ordinary Investors Exposed to Risk. Indianapolis Star, June 2.
- Mallor, J. P., Barnes, A. J., Bowers, T., and Langvardt, A. W. (2012). Business Law: The Ethical, Global and E-Commerce Environment (15th Edition). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Irwin.
- Bowers, T. (2002). Success off the Field is a Family Affair, Too. Sports Business Journal, July 15.
- Bowers, T. (2001). New York Gets Second Chance at Garden Party. Sports Business Journal, February 5.
- Bowers, T. (2001). One Battle Too Many. Sports Business Journal, August 13.
- Bowers, T. (2001). It’s Money, Not Fans, Behind New NCAA Rule. Sports Business Journal, July 23.
- Bowers, T. (2001). Nationalize Bonds’ No. 71 Home-Run Ball. San Francisco Chronicle, October 4.
- Bowers, T. (2001). Low Ethics, Low Profit: Does MLB Understand. Sports Business Journal, November 26.
- Mallor, J. P., Barnes, A. J., Bowers, T. Langvardt, A. W., and Phillips, M. J. (2001). Business Law and the Regulatory Environment (11th Edition), Burr Ridge, Illinois: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
- Bowers, T. (2000). TV sports has lost its drama. The Providence Journal. October 3, 2000.
- Bowers, T. (1999). LPGA’s Handicap: Marketing Misses the Target. Street & Smith’s Sports Business Journal, July.
- Bowers, T. (1999). Time's Not Right for Women's Pro Soccer. Sports Business Journal, July 26.
- Bowers, T. (1999). Call out the Cleaners; Prop 16's a Huge Mess. Sports Business Journal, April 19.
- Bowers, T. (1999). Scholarship Limits Offer Handy Excuse to Exploit Athletes. Sports Business Journal, March 15.
- Bowers, T. (1999). NBA Still Has Long Road to Travel. The Boston Globe, January 12.
- Bowers, T. (1998). Taking the Greed out of Getting the Ball. The Chicago Tribune, September 10.
- Bowers, T. (1998). Sacred Baseballs All Belong in the Hall of Fame. The National Law Journal, September 21.
- Langvardt, A. W., Bowers, T., Mallor, J. P., Barnes, A. J., and Phillips, M. J. (1995), Law of Commercial Transactions and Business Associations, Richard D. Irwin, Inc.
Edited on August 1, 2017