Areas of Expertise
Legal Aspects of: International and Domestic Contracts, International Commercial Law, International and Domestic Secured Transactions, Cloud Computing, Big Data, Analytics, Internet Law, and International and Domestic Commercial Arbitration
- BA, St. Ambrose University, Iowa
- MS Ed, Western Illinois University
- JD, Loyola University, New Orleans School of Law
- LLM, Centre for Commercial Law Studies, University of London
- University of London, Queen Mary, Centre for Commercial Law Studies, PhD Law, Thesis Title: Managing Bias, Partiality, and Dependence in Online Justice Environments (April 2021)
- Attorney at Law (New York)
- Law Clerk Glorioso Law Firm (New Orleans)
- Maurer School of Law-Indiana University, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Law (January 2013-current), Courses: Secured Transactions, Commercial Arbitration
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Weimer Faculty Fellow - (2020 - Current)
- Kelley Service Award (2021)
- Best Paper Award (2021) Nancy Kubasek Outstanding Environmental Paper: Academy of Legal Studies in Business: Watered Down Voices, Watered Down Justice: A Demand for Polycentricism, Demosprudence, and Praxis in WOTUS Regulatory Reform (with Martin McCrory, Inara Scott, and Paul Levy) Georgetown Environmental Law Review (Forthcoming)
- Indiana University Cyber Clinic Faculty Fellow (2020)
- Trustees Teaching Award- Kelley School of Business, Teaching Excellence Committee, Recipient (2020, 2012); Finalist (2019, 2018)
- Fellow, The Risk Institute of The Ohio State University's Fisher College of Business (2019 - 2021)
- Provost's Awards for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity (2017) Professional Inquiry - Mentor to Nathan Manworren - work titled “Why You Should Care About the Target Data Breach”
- Harry C. Sauvain Teaching Award - Kelley School of Business, Teaching and Service Excellence Committee (2015, 2016), (nomination 2021)
- Raymond, A., and Kouper, I. Misplaced Trust, Failure of Contract, and the Need to Create Robust Options for Consumers. Loyola Chicago School of Law's Consumer Law Review Symposium: Consumer Protection in the Online Ecosystem, Loyola Consumer Law Review (2022, in press).
- Raymond, A., Živković, P., McCurdy, D., and Zou, M. Mind the Gap: Tech-Based Dispute Resolution for Disputes in Global Supply Blockchains. XX Business Horizons XXX (2022 in press).
- Raymond, A., and Lein, E. Prediction Tools in the Legal Environment: A 2022 Exploration of Things to Come. In Dariusz Szostek, The Concept of Legal Technology (LegalTech) and Legal Engineering (Nomos), 2nd Edition (2022, in press).
- Raymond, A., and Shackelford, S. J. Nudging the Ostroms’ Vision of the Commons and Polycentric Governance into the Digital Environment. In Global Digital Data Governance: Polycentric Perspectives. Routledge Global Cooperation Series, (2022, in press).
- Raymond, A., and Kouper, I. Open Governments, Open Data: Moving Toward a Digital Commons Framework. In Brett M. Frischmann, Michael J. Madison, and Katherine J. Strandburg (Eds.) Governing Knowledge Commons. Cambridge University Press (2022, in press).
- Shackelford, S. J., Raymond, A., Dockery, R., Asare, I. N., and Sergueeva, A. Should We Trust a Black Box to Safeguard Human Rights? A Comparative Analysis of AI Governance. XX UCLA Journal of International Law and Foreign Affairs XXX, (2022, in press).
- Shackelford, S., Raymond, A., McCrory, M., and Bonime-Blanc, A. Cyber Silent Spring: Leveraging ESG+T Frameworks and Trustmarks to Better Inform Investors and Consumers About the Sustainability, Cybersecurity, and Privacy of Internet-Connected Devices. XX University of Illinois Journal of Law, Technology & Policy XXX (2022, in press).
- McCrory, M., Scott, I., Raymond, A., and Levy, P. Watered Down Voices, Watered Down Justice: A Demand for Polycentricism, Demosprudence, and Praxis in WOTUS Regulatory Reform. 34 Georgetown Environmental Law Review XX (2022, in press).
- Raymond, A., Coates, D., and Draper, C. Artificial Intelligence Governance and Policy: A Practical Guide to Identifying, Understanding, and Mitigating Legal Risks Associated with AI Integration. In Leading Legal Disruption: Artificial Intelligence and a Toolkit for Lawyers and the Law. Thomson Reuters Canada (2021).
- Raymond, A. Managing Bias, Partiality, and Dependence in Online Justice Environments. University of London, Queen Mary, Centre for Commercial Law Studies, PhD Law (2021).
- Shackelford, S. J., and Raymond, A. (2021). Internet Governance in the Digital Cold War. In Chrystie Swiney & Sheila Foster (Eds.) The Cambridge Handbook of Commons Research Innovations. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Richards, E., Shackelford, S. J., and Raymond, A. Legal and Ethical Aspects of International Business, 2nd edition, Wolters Kluer Law (2021).
- Houser, K. A., and Raymond, A. It Is Time to Move Beyond the ‘AI Race’ Narrative: Why Investment and International Cooperation Must Win the Day. 18 Northwestern Journal of Technology & Intellectual Property 129 (2021).
- Raymond, A., and Connelly, C. (2020). Governance Of Algorithms: Rethinking Public Sector Use of Algorithms For Predictive Purposes. In W. Barfield (Ed). Cambridge Handbook on Law and Algorithms. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge Press.
- Raymond, A., and Draper, C. Building a Risk Model for Data Incidents: A Guide to Assist Business in Making Ethical Data Decisions. 63 Business Horizons 9 (2020).
- Stemler, A., Shackelford, S. J., Raymond, A., and Loyale, C. Defending Democracy: Taking Stock of the Global Fight Against Digital Repression, Disinformation, and Election Insecurity, 77 Washington and Lee Law Review 1747 (2020).
- McCrory, M., and Raymond, A., Navigating in Murky Waters: The Rise and Fall of Clean Water Protection in the United States. 29 Southern California Review of Law and Social Justice 143,(2020).
- Kouper, I., Raymond, A. H., and Giroux, S. An Exploratory Study of Research Data Governance in the U.S. 4 Open Information Science 122 (2020).
- Raymond, A. and Draper, C. Ethical Technology Risk: How to Identify What Is Reasonable Data Protection for ODR. 6 International Journal of Online Dispute Resolution 144 (2019).
- Raymond, A., Schubauer, J., and Madappa, D. After Over-Privileged Permissions: Using Technology and Design to Create Legal Compliance. 15 Journal of Business & Technology Law 67 (2019).
- Raymond, A., Shackelford, S. J., and Arrington Stone Young, E. Building a Better HAL 9000: Algorithms, the Market, and the Need to Prevent the Engraining of Bias. 15 Northwestern Journal of Technology & Intellectual Property 215 (2018).
- Raymond, A. (2018). Information and The Regulatory Landscape: A Growing Need To Reconsider Existing Legal Frameworks. 24 Washington and Lee School of Law Journal of Civil Rights & Social Justice 357.
- Raymond, A., Shackelford, S. J., Balakrishnan, R., Dixit, P., Gjonaj J., and Kavi, R. When Toasters Attack: Enhancing the ‘Security of Things’ through Polycentric Governance 2017 University of Illinois Law Review 415 (2017).
- Raymond, A., Richards, E. L., Shackelford, S. J., Kerr, J., and Kuehn, A. IGoverance: The Future Of Multi-Stakeholder Internet Governance In The Wake Of The Apple Encryption Saga. 42 North Carolina Journal of International Law 883 (2017).
- Raymond, A. The Consumer As Sisyphus: Should We Be Happy with ‘Why Bother’ Consent? 20 Journal of Legal Studies in Business 1 (2016).
- Raymond, A. A Meeting Of The Minds: Online Dispute Resolution Regulations Should Be Opportunity Focused. 16 U.C. Davis Business Law Journal 190 (2016).
- Raymond, A., Fort, T. L., and Shakelford, S. J. The Angel on Your Shoulder: Prompting Employees to Do the Right Thing Through the Use of Wearables. 14 Northwestern University Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property 139 (2016).
Edited on June 21, 2022