Areas of Expertise
Legal Aspects of: International and Domestic Contracts, International Commercial Law, International and Domestic Secured Transactions, Cloud Computing, Big Data, Analytics, Internet Law, and International and Domestic Commercial Arbitration
- BA, St. Ambrose University, Iowa
- MS Ed, Western Illinois University
- JD, Loyola University, New Orleans School of Law
- LLM, Centre for Commercial Law Studies, University of London
- Current: PhD in Progress, Centre for Commercial Law Studies, Queen Mary, University of London
- Attorney at Law (New York)
- Law Clerk Glorioso Law Firm (New Orleans)
- Maurer School of Law-Indiana University, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Law (January 2013-current), Courses: Secured Transactions, Commercial Arbitration
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Provost's Awards for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity-Professional Inquiry- Mentor to Nathan Manworren- work titled “Why You Should Care About The Target Data Breach”
- Sauvain Teaching Award -Kelley School of Business, Teaching and Service Excellence Committee (2015-6).
- 2016 Best Paper Award, Southeastern Academy of Legal Studies in Business (SEALSB), The Consumer As Sisyphus: Should We Be Happy With ‘Why Bother’ Consent?
- 2015 Ralph C. Hoeber Memorial Award for Outstanding Article Using BITs to Protect Bytes: Promoting Cyber Peace by Safeguarding Trade Secrets Through Bilateral Investment Treaties (co-authors, Eric Richards, Scott Shackelford and Amanda Craig).
- Innovative Teaching Award Nominee - Kelley School of Business, Teaching and Service Excellence Committee (2014) (2016)
- Trustees Teaching Awards Recipient - Kelley School of Business, Teaching Excellence Committee (2012)
- Raymond, A., and Connelly, C. (2020). Governance Of Algorithms: Rethinking Public Sector Use of Algorithms For Predictive Purposes. In W. Barfield (Ed). Cambridge Handbook on Law and Algorithms. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge Press.
- Raymond, A., and Draper, C. (2020). Building a Risk Model for Data Incidents: A Guide to Assist Business in Making Ethical Data Decisions. Business Horizons, 63(1), 9-16.
- Raymond, A., and Mistelis, L. (2020). Research Handbook on International Commercial Law. Cheltenham, United Kingdom: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Raymond, A., Shackelford, S. J., and Arrington Stone Young, E. Building a Better HAL 9000: Algorithms, the Market, and the Need to Prevent the Engraining of Bias. 15 Northwestern Journal of Technology & Intellectual Property 215 (2018).
- Raymond, A. (2018). Information and The Regulatory Landscape: A Growing Need To Reconsider Existing Legal Frameworks. 24 Washington and Lee School of Law Journal of Civil Rights & Social Justice 357.
- Raymond, A., Richards, E. L., Shackelford, S. J., Kerr, J., and Kuehn, A. IGoverance: The Future Of Multi-Stakeholder Internet Governance In The Wake Of The Apple Encryption Saga. 42 North Carolina Journal of International Law 883 (2017).
- Raymond, A. The Consumer As Sisyphus: Should We Be Happy with ‘Why Bother’ Consent? 20 Journal of Legal Studies in Business 1 (2016).
- Raymond, A. A Meeting Of The Minds: Online Dispute Resolution Regulations Should Be Opportunity Focused. 16 U.C. Davis Business Law Journal 190 (2016).
- Raymond, A., Fort, T. L., and Shakelford, S. J. The Angel on Your Shoulder: Prompting Employees to Do the Right Thing Through the Use of Wearables. 14 Northwestern University Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property 139 (2016).
- Raymond, A., and Stemler, A. When Baby-Steps Just Won't Work: Small Farmers are Our Best Hope Reducing Food Insecurity and We are Not Doing Enough. 35 Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business 334 (2015).
- Raymond, A., Shackelford, S. J., Richards, E. L., and Craig, A. N. Using BITs To Protect Bytes: Promoting Cyber Peace and Safeguarding Trade Secrets through Bilateral Investment Treaties. 52 American Business Law Journal 1 (2015).
- Raymond, A. The Dilemma of Private Justice Systems: Big Data Sources, the Cloud and Predictive Analytics. 35 Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business 1A (2015); 45 Academy of Legal Studies in Business National Proceedings (2014).
- Raymond, A., and Stemler, A. Trusting Strangers: Dispute Resolution in the Crowd. 16 Cardozo Journal of Conflict Resolution 357 (2015).
- Raymond, A., and Shackelford, S. J. Jury Glasses: Wearable Technology and its Role in Crowdsourcing Justic. 17 Cardozo Journal of Conflict Resolution, 115 (2015).
- Raymond, A. Yeah, But Did You See the Gorilla? Creating and Protecting an ‘Informed’ Consumer In Cross Border Online Dispute Resolution. 19 Harvard Negotiation Law Review 129 (2014).
- Raymond, A. Pliers and Screwdrivers as Contributory Infringement Devices: Why Your Local Repair Shop Might Be a Copyright Infringer and What We Must Do To Stop the Craziness. 12 Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property 1 (2014).
- Raymond, A. and Lambert, J. B. Technology, E-Commerce and the Emerging Harmonization: The Growing Body of International Instruments Facilitating E-Commerce and the Continuing Need to Encourage Wide Adoption. 17 International Trade and Business Law Review 419 (2014).
- Raymond, A., and Shackelford, S. J. Building the Virtual Courthouse: Ethical Considerations for Design, Implementation, and Regulation in the World of ODR. 3 Wisconsin Law Review 615 (2014).
- Raymond, A., and Shackelford, S. J. Technology, Ethics And Access To Justice: Should An Algorithm Be Deciding Your Case? 35 Michigan Journal of International Law 485 (2014).
- Prenkert, J. D., Hayford, S. L., and Raymond, A. Employment Arbitration at the Crossroads: An Assessment and Call for Action. 2014 Journal of Dispute Resolution 255 (2014).
- Raymond, A. Intermediaries Precarious Balance within Europe: Oddly Placed Cooperative Burdens in the Online World. 11 Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property 359 (2013).
- Raymond, A. It's Time the Law Begins to Protect Consumers from Significantly One-Sided Arbitration Clauses within Contracts of Adhesion. 91 Nebraska Law Review XX (2013).
- Raymond, A. Data-Management Regulation: Your Company Needs To Have An Up-To-Date Data/Information Policy. 56 Business Horizons 513 (2013).
- Raymond, A. Heavyweight Bots in the Clouds: The Wrong Incentives and Poorly Crafted Balances That Lead to the Blocking of Information Online. 11 Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property 473 (2013).
- Raymond, A., and Stemler, A. Promoting Investment in Agricultural Production: Increasing Legal Tools for Small to Medium Farmers. 8 Ohio State Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal 281 (2013).
- Raymond, A., and Lambert, J. B. UNCITRAL's Convention on the use of Electronic Communications in International Contracts Updates and Information as the Convention Comes Into Force. American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Commercial Law Newsletter (2013).
- Raymond, A., and Simos, E. Arbitration Clauses Created through Data-Pass Marketing Programs and Shrink-Wrap Presentations May Create Enforceability Issues. American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Commercial Law Newsletter (2013).
- Raymond, A. (2012). How may international standards assist the Law Reform in England? In International Legal Standards on Secured Transactions, Facilitation of Credit and Financial Crisis. Cambridge: UK Cambridge University Press.
- Raymond, A., and Rogers, V. (2012). International Law in U.S. Courts: International Sales Law. In ASIL Bench Book on International Law.
- Raymond, A., and Lambert, B. U.N. Convention on the Use of Electronic Communications in International Contracts, section in International Commercial Transactions, Franchising, and Distribution, 2011 Year in Review. 46 The International Lawyer 199 (2012).
- Raymond, A. (2011). Chapter Contributor, Articles 2-5 and 68-70. In Loukas Mistelis, Stefan Kröll, Pilar Perales, and Peter Huber (Eds.), Commentary on CISG. Munich, Germany: C. H. Beck.
- Raymond, A. Cross Border Secured Transactions: Ongoing Issues and Some Possible Solutions. 2 Elon Law Review 87 (2011).
- Raymond, A. Improving Confidence in Cross Border Electronic Commerce: Communication, Signatures and Authentication Devices. 14 Journal of Internet Law 25 (2011).
- Raymond, A. Cross Border Secured Transactions: Ongoing Issues and Some Possible Solutions. Translated and published in Spanish at Revista de Derecho Privado, Universidad Externado de Colombia n.º 20, enero-junio de, pp . 155 a 174, June.
- Raymond, A. Book Review, N. Orkun Akseli, International Secured Transactions Law: Facilitation of Credit and International Conventions and Instruments, (Released Jan 19, 2011), Modern Law Review, vol. 4 (2011), Kluwer Law International, Alphen a/d Rijn.
- Raymond, A., and Mistelis, L. (2011). CISG Commentary, Article 3 (Supply Of Goods To Be Manufactured). UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, Commentary on CISG, (edited by Loukas Mistelis, Stefan Kröll, Pilar Perales and Peter Huber), Beck/Hart Oxford.
- Raymond, A. (2011), CISG Commentary, Articles 68 and 69 (Passing of Risk)," UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, Commentary on CISG, (edited by Loukas Mistelis, Stefan Kröll, Pilar Perales and Peter Huber), Beck/Hart Oxford.
- Raymond, A. (2010) The Use Of Intellectual Property As Collateral In Secured Financing- Practical Concerns. In Comparative Law Yearbook of International Business, Vol. 32, Wolters Kluwer Law & Business.
- Raymond, A. (2010). Jowitt's Dictionary of English Law (3rd Edition), Contributing editor, contract and commercial law, Daniel Greenberg ed., Sweet and Maxwell, May.
Edited on September 7, 2021