Areas of Expertise
Online information goods; Collaboration technologies; Face-to-face and online social networks; IS educational initiatives.
- PhD, University of Pittsburgh, 2002
- MS, Universidade de São Paulo, 1996
- BS, Universidade Federal do Ceará Fortaleza, 1992
- Director of the Tech Consulting Workshop, 2015-2020
- MS-IS Academic Director, College of Business, University of Cincinnati, 2008-2011
- Field Service Assistant Professor, College of Business, University of Cincinnati, 2009-2011
- Assistant Professor, College of Business, University of Cincinnati, 2002-2009
- Visiting Professor, Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh, 2001-2002
- Business Analyst and Consultant, Fundação Instituto de Administração-FEA-Universidade de São Paulo, 1995-1996
- Business Analyst, Companhia Suzano de Papel e Celulose, 1993-1995
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Certified SAFe Agilist, 2018
- Certified Scrum Master, 2015
- Winner of the Kelley Service Award, 2014
- Winner of the Westerbeck Junior Faculty Graduate Teaching Award, 2011
- Nominated for the Excel Graduate Teaching Award, 2010
- Nominated for the Ronald J. Dornoff Fellow of Teaching Excellence Award. 2008
- Best Paper Award in the Organizational Communication and Information Systems Division, Academy of Management Metting, 2001
- Choudhury, V., Lopes, A. B., and Arthur, D. (2010). Issues and Opinions-IT Careers Camp: An Early Intervention Strategy to Increase IS Enrollments. Information Systems Research, 21(1), 1-14.
- Mehra, A., Marineau, J., Lopes, A. B., and Dass, T. K. (2009). The Co-evolution of Friendship and Leadership Networks in Small Groups. In George Graen and Joan Graen (Eds.) Predator's Game-Changing Designs, Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Sacchi, A., Giannini, E., Bochic R., Reinhard, N., and Lopes, A. B. (2009). Digital Inclusion With the McInternet: would you like fries with that? Communications of the ACM, 52(3), 113-116.
- Lopes, A. B., and Galletta, D. F. (2006). Consumer Perceptions and Willingness to Pay for Intrinsically Motivated Online Content. Journal of Management Information Systems, 23(2), 203-231.
- Lopes, A. B., and Reinhard, N. (2005). Competing in the Brazilian Real-Time Financial Information Services Industry: Commitment and Adaptation. Information & Management, 43(5), 587-597.
Edited on September 1, 2023