Areas of Expertise
Household Finance, Behavioral Finance, Corporate Finance
- UCLA Anderson School of Management, Post-doctoral Fellowship 2007-2010
- University of Salento, Lecce (Italy), Ph.D. in Management 2003-2006
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- 2017 Amundi Smith Breeden Distinguished Paper Prize for ”Retail ﬁnancial advice: Does one size ﬁt all?”
- Special mention as ﬁnalist for the 2015 TIAA-CREF Paul A. Samuelson Award for “Stock market returns and annuitization”
- 2015 CFA Society Toronto & Hillsdale Canadian Investment Research Award for “Retail ﬁnancial advice: Does one size ﬁt all?”
- 2010 Northern Finance Association Best Paper in Capital Markets Award for “Stock market returns and annuitization”
- Foerster, S., Linnainmaa, J., Melzer, B., Previtero, A. (2017). Retail financial advice: Does one size fit all? Journal of Finance, 72(4), 1441-1482 (Amundi Smith Breeden Distinguished Paper Prize).
- Cronqvist, H., Previtero, A., Siegel, S., and White, R. (2016). The fetal origins hypothesis in finance: Prenatal environment, the gender gap and financial risk taking. Review of Financial Studies, 29(3), 739-786.
- Previtero, A., (2014). Stock Market Returns and Annuitization. Journal of Financial Economics, 113(2), 202–214.
- Benartzi, S., Previtero, A., and Thaler, R. H. (2011). Annuitization Puzzles. Journal of Economic Perspectives, 25(4), 143–164.
Edited on June 28, 2021