BUS-X630 Teaching Development Seminar
- 7 weeks
- 1.5 credits
- Prerequisite(s): None
The goals of this course are to provide a foundation for your teaching career, and to provide some initial tips and tricks for your first time teaching.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Design a course, including the syllabus, content, assignments, and assessments
- Teach class using a variety of methods such as lecture, case discussion, and flipped classroom
- Design and grade assessments, such as tests, team tests, group projects, and assignments
- Interact with students to create a positive learning environment
- Be aware of educational technologies such as Canvas, Echo 360, and Turn It In.
- Write a Teaching Statement that summarizes your teaching philosophy