BUS-W 511 Venture Strategy
- 7 weeks
- 1.5 credits
- Prerequisite(s): MBA Core, for those not in the MBA program, graduate student status and instructor's permission
This course builds on the aspects of corporate strategy covered in the core using a series of readings and cases to more fully explore the relatively difficult task of new venture creation. It focuses on the unique strategic issues involved in creating a new business venture or acquiring a relatively new existing business.
Such issues include:
- Strategies of the new venture
- Strategic planning under uncertainty
- Designing an effective entry strategy
- Evaluating future industry evolution
- Assessing the strategic fit in new ventures
- Strategic aspects of the business plan The course uses a course packet comprised of readings and cases.