Areas of Expertise
C Corporations, Estate Planning, Federal Income Taxation of Individuals, Income Taxation of Estates and Trusts, Partnerships and LLCs, S Corporations, Tax Planning, Tax Research
- PhD, University of Texas at Austin, 1980
- BS, Oklahoma State University, 1971
- Certified Public Accountant, Indiana, 1974
- Visiting Professor, University of Illinois
- Teaching Assistant, University of Texas at Austin
- Controller, Aspen Construction Corporation
- Staff Accountant, Peat, Marwick, Mitchell and Company
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Indiana University Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching 2006
- Master of Science in Accounting Outstanding Teaching Award 2007
- Outstanding CPA, Indiana Business Magazine 2009
- IUPUI Nominee for U.S. Outstanding Professors (Council for Advancement and Support of Education)
- Maynard K. Hine Alumni Achievement Award 1999
- Pratt, J. W., and Kulsrud, W. N. (2018). Individual Taxation 2019. Cincinnati, OH: Van-Griner.
- Pratt, J. W., and Kulsrud, W. N. (2017). Federal Taxation 2018. Cincinnati, OH: Van-Griner.
- Pratt, J. W., and Kulsrud, W. N. (2016). Corporate, Partnership, Estate and Gift Taxation, 2017 Edition. Cincinnati, OH: Van-Griner.
- Jamison, R. W., Kulsrud, W. N., and Stephenson, T. M. (2014). Multistate Tax Guide to Pass-Through Entities, 2014 Edition, Chicago, IL: CCH Incorporated.
Edited on February 3, 2020