Areas of Expertise
Law of Unfair Competition, Intellectual Property Law, Marketing Law, First Amendment & Constitutional Law, Communications & Media Law
- JD, Harvard Law School
- MSc, With Merit, London School of Economics & Political Science
- BA, Summa Cum Laude, Indiana University
- Certificate in Management, Liberal Arts & Management Program, Indiana University
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner LLP (Washington, D.C.), Litigation Associate
- Baker & Hostetler LLP (Cleveland, Ohio), Litigation Associate
- United States Air Force (Pentagon, Alexandria, Virginia), Consultant
- United States Senate (Washington, D.C.), Staff Assistant to U.S. Sen. Richard Lugar
- British House of Commons (London, UK), Intern to Harriet Harman MP, Shadow Employment Secretary
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Herman B Wells Scholars Program Distinguished Alumni Award, 2017
- Frank Banta Award for Student Advocacy, 2016
- Kelley School of Business Outstanding Service Award, 2015
- William Panschar Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, 2011, 2015
- Indiana University Trustees Teaching Award, 2008, 2013
- Kelley School of Business Innovative Teaching Award, 2009
- Elvis J. Stahr Senior Recognition Award, 1996
- Harry S. Truman Scholar, 1995
- Herman B. Wells Scholar, 1991
- Lemper, T. A., Barnes, A. J., and Richards, E. L. (2019). Law for Business (14th Edition). New York, NY: McGraw Hill Publishing, Inc.
- Lemper, T. A., and Smith A.A. Immunity Reform and the Nonparty Defense. 36 The Verdict 25 (2015).
- Lemper, T. A. The Supreme Struggle: “Obamacare” and the New Limits of Federal Regulation. 56 Business Horizons 797 (2013).
- Lemper, T. A. The Critical Role of Timing in Managing Intellectual Property. 55 Business Horizons 339 (2012).
- Lemper, T. A., and Heavner, B. B. (2012). Infringement and Unfair Competition on the Internet. In Brian E. Banner (Ed.), Trademark Infringement Remedies. New York, NY: Bloomberg BNA.
- Lemper, T. A., and Bruce, J. R. Beware the Scrivener’s Error: Curing the Drafting Error in the Federal Registration Defense to Trademark Dilution Claims 19 Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal 169 (2011)..
- Lemper, T. A. Five Trademark Law Strategies for Managing Brands. 55 Business Horizons 113 (2011).
- Lemper, T. A., and Bruce, J. R. The Dilution Defense Congress Never Meant to Create (and Needs to Fix) 101 The Trademark Reporter 1580 (2011).
- Lemper, T. A., and McLeod, L. K. Embracing Marketplace Realities: Rediscovering Section 18 of the Lanham Act on the Twentieth Anniversary of its Revival, 99 The Trademark Reporter 1299 (2009).
- Lemper, T. A., and McLeod, L. K. Evolution of the Fraud Doctrine in the Trademark Office: Medinol and Its Progeny. 16 Bright Ideas 3 (2007).
- Lemper, T. A. The Promise and Perils of ‘Privileges or Immunities’: Saenz v. Roe, 119 S. Ct. 1518 (1999). 23 Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy 295 (1999).
Edited on December 9, 2019