Areas of Expertise
Industrial Organization, Health Economics, Law and Economics, Applied Econometrics
- PhD, Boston University, 2008
- MPhil, Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2003
- BA, Zhejiang University, 2001
- Lin, H., and Wildenbeest, M. R. (2020). Non-Parametric Estimation of Search Costs for Differentiated Products: Evidence from Medigap. Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, 38(4), 754-770.
- Lin, H., and Sacks, D. (2019). Intertemporal Substitution in Health Care Demand: Evidence from the RAND Health Insurance Experiment. Journal of Public Economics, 175, 29-43.
- Freedman, S., Lin, H., and Prince, J. (2018). Information Technology and Patient Health: Analyzing Outcomes, Populations, and Mechanisms. American Journal of Health Economics, 4(1), 51-79.
- Freedman, S., Lin, H., and Prince, J. (2018). Does Competition Lead to Agglomeration or Dispersion in EMR Vendor Decisions? Review of Industrial Organization, 53(1), 57-79.
- Lin, H., and Prince, J. (2016). Determinants of Private Long-Term Care Insurance Purchase in Response to the Partnership Program. Health Services Research, 51(2), 687-703.
- Lin, H. (2015). Quality Choice and Market Structure: A Dynamic Analysis of Nursing Home Oligopolies. International Economic Review, 56(4), 1261-1290.
- Lin, H., and Wang, Y. (2015). Competition and Price Discrimination in the Parking Garage Industry. Journal of Industrial Economics, 63(3), 522-548.
- Freedman, S., Lin, H., and Simon, K. (2015). Public health insurance expansions and hospital technology adoption. Journal of Public Economics, 121, 117-131.
- Hylton, K., Lin, H., and Chu, H.-Y. (2015). Negligence and Two-Sided Causation. European Journal of Law and Economics, 40(3), 393-411.
- Lin, H. (2014). Revisiting the Relationship between Nurse Staffing and Quality of Care in Nursing Homes: An Instrumental Variables Approach. Journal of Health Economics, 37, 13–24.
- Lin, H., and Hylton, K. (2014). Innovation and Optimal Punishment, with Antitrust Applications. Journal of Competition Law and Economics, 10(1), 1-25
- Lin, H., and Hylton, K. (2013). Negligence, Causation, and Incentives for Care. International Review of Law and Economics, 35, 80-89.
- Lin, H., and Prince, J. (2013). The Impact of the Partnership Long-Term Care Insurance Program on Private Coverage and Medicaid Expenditures. Journal of Health Economics, 32(6), 1205-1213.
- Lin, H., Ketcham, J. D., Rosenquist, J. N., and Simon, K. (2013). Financial Distress and Use Of Mental Health Care: Evidence from Antidepressant Prescription Claims. Economics Letters, 121(3), 449-453.
- Lin, H., and Hylton, K. (2010). Optimal Antitrust Enforcement, Dynamic Competition, and Changing Economic Conditions. Antitrust Law Journal, 77(1), 247-276.
Edited on October 4, 2021