1309 E. 10th Street
Areas of Expertise
Leadership Effectiveness, Substitutes for Leadership, Antecedents and Consequences of Organizational Citizenship Behavior, Social Power and Influence Processes, Issues in Field Research Methodologies
- DBA, Indiana University
- MBA, California State University Fresno
- BS, UCLA/California State University Fresno
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Eli Lilly Post-Doctoral Teaching Fellowship, 1984
- Doctoral Student Teaching Excellence Award, 1979
- Student Advisory Council Teaching Excellence Award, 1986
- Varsity Club Teaching Excellence Award, 1988, 1992
- Mortar Board/Gold Key Teaching Award, 1990
- Facet Teaching Award, 1993
- Alpha Kappa Psi Alumni Teaching Award, 1994
- Max Barney Executive Education Teaching Award, 1996
- MBA Association Teaching Excellence Awards, 1992, 1995, 2011
- Indiana University Teaching Excellence Recognition Awards (TERA), 1997, 1998, 1999
- MBA Student’s Choice Award, 1998
- Ph.D. Exceptional Inspiration and Guidance Awards, 1993, 2001, 2008
- Ph.D. Distinguished Teaching Awards, 2007, 2009, 2010
- Fellow, Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Fellow, Academy of Management
- Kelley School of Business Faculty Research Awards, 1990, 1997
- Recognized by the Institute of Scientific Information as one of the Most Highly-Cited Authors in the Economics/Business category, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2020, 2011
- William A. Owens Scholarly Achievement Award for the best publication appearing in a referred journal in the field of Industrial-Organizational Psychology in the previous year, 2004
- Recognized as one of the twelve most-cited authors in the field of Management , 1981-2004
- Recognized by Science Watch as having the most-cited paper in the fields of Psychology and Psychiatry, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Podsakoff, N. P., Whiting, S., Blume, B. D., and, Podsakoff, P. M. (2009). Individual- and organizational-level consequences of organizational citizenship behaviors: A meta-analysis. Journal of Applied Psychology, 94(1), 122-141.
- MacKenzie, S., Podsakoff, N. P. and, Podsakoff, P. M. (2018). Individual- and organizational-level consequences of organizational citizenship behaviors: In The Oxford Handbook of Organizational Citizenship Behavior. Cary, NC: Oxford University Press USA.
- MacKenzie, S., Podsakoff, N. P. and, Podsakoff, P. M. (2018). Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Introduction and Overview of the Handbook. In The Oxford Handbook of Organizational Citizenship Behavior. Cary, NC: Oxford University Press USA.
- MacKenzie, S. B., Podsakoff, P. M., and Podsakoff, N. P. (2011). Construct measurement and validation procedures in MIS and behavioral research: Integrating new and existing techniques. MIS Quarterly, 35(2), 293-334.
- MacKenzie, S. B., Podsakoff, P. M., and Podsakoff, N. P. (2011). Challenge-oriented organizational citizenship behaviors and organizational effectiveness: Do challenge-oriented behaviors really have an impact on the organization’s bottom line? Personnel Psychology, 64(3), 559-592.
- Podsakoff, N. P., Whiting, S. W., Podsakoff, P. M., and Mishra, P. (2011). Effects of organizational citizenship behaviors on selection decisions in employment interviews. Journal of Applied Psychology, 96(2), 310-326.
- Podsakoff, P. M., MacKenzie, S. B., Lee, J.-Y., and Podsakoff, N. P. (2003). Common Method Biases in Behavioral Research: A Critical Review of the Literature and Recommended Remedies. Journal of Applied Psychology, 88(5), 879-903.
- Podsakoff, P. M., MacKenzie, S. B., Paine, J. B., and Bachrach, D. G. (2000). Organizational Citizenship Behaviors: A Critical Review of the Theoretical and Empirical Literature and Suggestions for Future Research. Journal of Management, 26(3), 513-563.
- Podsakoff, P. M., and Organ, D. W. (1986). Self-reports in organizational research: Problems and prospects. Journal of Management, 12(4), 69-82.
Edited on February 3, 2020