Areas of Expertise
Strategic Management, Entrepreneurship
- PhD, University of Pittsburgh, 1985
- Covin, J. G., and Wales, W. J. (2019). Crafting high impact entrepreneurial orientation research: Some suggested guidelines. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 43(1), 3-18.
- Covin, J. G., Garrett Jr., R. P., Gupta, J. P., Kuratko, D. F., & Shepherd, D. A. (2018). The Interdependence of Planning and Learning among Internal Corporate Ventures. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 42(4): 537-570.
- Hughes, M., Rigtering, J. P. C., Covin, J. G., Bouncken, R. B., and Kraus, S. (2018). Innovation behaviour, trust, and perceived workplace performance. British Journal of Management, 29(4), 750-768..
- Parker, O. N., Krause, R. A., and Covin, J. G. (2017). Ready, set, slow: How aspiration-relative product quality impacts the rate of new product introduction. Journal of Management, 43(7), 2333-2356.
- Titus Jr., V. K., House, J. M., and Covin, J. G. (2017). Invest, cooperate, or acquire: The influence of exploration on external corporate venturing activity. Journal of Management, 43(5), 1609-1630.
- Covin, J. G., Eggers, F., Kraus, S., Cheng, C.-F., and Chan, M.-L. (2016). Marketing-related resources and radical innovativeness in family and non-family firms: A configurational approach. Journal of Business Research, 69(12), 5620-5627.
- Burgers, J. H., and Covin, J. G. (2016). The contingent effects of differentiation and integration on corporate entrepreneurship. Strategic Management Journal, 37(3), 521-540.
- Boling, J. R., Pieper, T. M., and Covin, J. G. (2016). CEO tenure and entrepreneurial orientation within family and non-family firms. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 40(4), 891-913.
- Covin, J. G., Garrett, R. P., Kuratko, D. F. and Shepherd, D. A. (2015). Value Proposition Evolution and the Performance of Internal Corporate Ventures. Journal of Business Venturing, 30(5), 749-774.
- Garrett Jr., R. P., and Covin, J. G. (2015). Internal corporate venture operations independence and performance: A knowledge-based perspective. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 39(4), 763-790.
Edited on March 11, 2020