Supervisors on TIME
PROCEDURES FOR APPOINTING A DELEGATE
Are you going on vacation? Are you going to be out of the office for a medical leave or sabbatical? Have no worries about your role as Supervisor in the TIME system. As long as you have a computer that has web access, you can approve the timesheets from wherever you are. However, if you prefer, TIME has a step in place that you can delegate someone else to act in your role while you are out. Please remember, this is not a permanent change, just a change for while you are unavailable. Here is how it works:
To create a delegate, follow these steps:
- If you want to set up your payroll processor or Director of Human Resources, please contact Cindy at 6-1353 so that she can make sure that they are not also going to be out during the same time period.
- On the TIME page in OneStart open a Delegate Maintenance document by clicking “Delegate Maintenance Doc” in the Inquiry menu.
- Find the Supervisor row and click “Add Delegation.”
- Select “TK Supervisor” as the role to delegate and click the “Create Delegation Role” link.
- Select Delegation type. Primary delegates receive documents directly in their action list.
- Enter a description, such as, “Establishing Delegation for Supervisor USERNAME for work area 1234.”
- Enter a “From Date” to indicate when the delegation authority should take effect and a “To Date” to indicate when it should end. (You would enter the dates you will be unavailable.) When setting up, please remember that timesheets route to Supervisor/delegates @ midnight on the last day of the pay period. If you are going to be out of the office on the Monday following the end of a pay period, you need to be sure to use the Sunday date so the timesheet will route to the delegate.
- Ignore Previous: Leave this set to “No”.
- Active: Leave this set to “Yes”.
- Delegator Network ID: Enter the username of the person whose responsibility is being delegated (i.e. the Supervisor who wants another user to be able to approve for them, this will be YOUR username).
- Enter the Work Area ID: Enter the ID number of the Work Area this Supervisor is associated with that this delegation refers to. Please contact Cindy (6-1353) if you need a list of your work area numbers.
- Under the “Responsibility” section, leave the Type set to “Person.”
- In the “Reviewer” field, enter the username of the individual you are delegating the approval authority to. This person should be among other TIME Supervisors or Payroll Processors.
- Click the “route” button.
- Remember, you will need to do this step for each work area that you’re responsible for.
Who should you assign as a delegate?
Your delegate should be a Supervisor, payroll processor or our Director of Human Resources. If you want to set up your payroll processor or Director of Human Resources, please contact Cindy at 6-1353 so that she can make sure that they are not also going to be out during the same time period.
If you are unable to approve employee’s timesheets, a delegate must be appointed to approve them in your action list while you are unavailable. NOTE: Setting up a delegate does not keep you from your normal responsibilities; it just gives someone else the ability to approve the timesheets on a temporary basis.
When you return to the office, please review hours that were submitted, print off the employee’s timesheet, sign and send to Cindy for auditor purposes.