Supervisors on TIME
PROCEDURES FOR APPOINTING A DELEGATE
Are you going on vacation? Are you going to be out of the office for a medical leave or sabbatical? Have no worries about your role as Supervisor in the TIME system. As long as you have a computer that has web access, you can approve the timesheets from wherever you are. However, if you prefer, TIME has a step in place that you can delegate someone else to act in your role while you are out. Please remember, this is not a permanent change, just a change for while you are unavailable. Here is how it works:
To create a delegate, follow these steps:
- If you want to set up your payroll processor or Director of Human Resources, please contact Michele Good (Bi-Weekly, Temporary) or Cindy Cummings (PAE Monthly) so that she can make sure that they are not also going to be out during the same time period.
- On the TIME page in OneStart open a Delegate Maintenance document by clicking “Delegate Maintenance Doc” in the Inquiry menu.
- Find the Supervisor row and click “Add Delegation.”
- Select “TK Supervisor” as the role to delegate and click the “Create Delegation Role” link.
- Select Delegation type. Primary delegates receive documents directly in their action list.
- Enter a description, such as, “Establishing Delegation for Supervisor USERNAME for work area 1234.”
- Enter a “From Date” to indicate when the delegation authority should take effect and a “To Date” to indicate when it should end. (You would enter the dates you will be unavailable.) When setting up, please remember that timesheets route to Supervisor/delegates @ midnight on the last day of the pay period. If you are going to be out of the office on the Monday following the end of a pay period, you need to be sure to use the Sunday date so the timesheet will route to the delegate.
- Ignore Previous: Leave this set to “No”.
- Active: Leave this set to “Yes”.
- Delegator Network ID: Enter the username of the person whose responsibility is being delegated (i.e. the Supervisor who wants another user to be able to approve for them, this will be YOUR username).
- Enter the Work Area ID: Enter the ID number of the Work Area this Supervisor is associated with that this delegation refers to. Please contact Michele or Cindy if you need a list of your work area numbers.
- Under the “Responsibility” section, leave the Type set to “Person.”
- In the “Reviewer” field, enter the username of the individual you are delegating the approval authority to. This person should be among other TIME Supervisors or Payroll Processors.
- Click the “route” button.
- Remember, you will need to do this step for each work area that you’re responsible for.
Who should you assign as a delegate?
Your delegate should be a Supervisor, payroll processor or our Director of Human Resources. If you want to set up your payroll processor or Director of Human Resources, please contact Michele or Cindy so that she can make sure that they are not also going to be out during the same time period.
If you are unable to approve employee’s timesheets, a delegate must be appointed to approve them in your action list while you are unavailable. NOTE: Setting up a delegate does not keep you from your normal responsibilities; it just gives someone else the ability to approve the timesheets on a temporary basis.
When you return to the office, please review hours that were submitted, print off the employee’s timesheet, sign and send to Michele or Cindy for auditor purposes.