- Students have the option of completing an EX-Petition form if a course is retaken, including an I-Core prerequisite.
- A student may use the EX-Petition form up to three times for a total of no more than 10 credits from all three classes combined.
- Replaces the grades for the original attempts with the re-take grades for the purposes of calculating the IU GPA.
- Both the original grade and the re-take grade are included in the Kelley Program GPA.
- Many IU scholarships use the Program GPA. You are responsible for checking your scholarship requirements.
- When students repeat a course, they do not receive additional credits for it, whether or not it is EXed.
- Only courses from an IU campus are eligible for the EX-Petition.
- This form must be completed prior to graduation.
- For further information, please see the guidelines outlined in the Student Central.
Tools to Help Calculate GPA
- Definitions for GPA terms on your transcript
- “Kelley Program GPA” = Student Undergraduate Program Summary
- “IU GPA” = Indiana University Undergraduate Summary
- Check with an advisor before retaking a course for which you intend to use an EX-Petition.
- Some courses at other IU campuses are not eligible to use an EX-P for an IU Bloomington course.
- Your advisors will have a list of equivalencies.
- Special Note: BUS-271—must be same number AND instructor
- EX-P Process
- Student submits the form.
- Kelley recorders review and approve or deny.
- Student gets email of decisions.
- Approved submission is routed to Office of the Registrar for final approval and transcript update.
- From start to finish, the process could take 10 days to two months depending on the time of academic year.
- Graduating senior EX-Petitions will be processed first
- Students can submit the form as soon as they are enrolled in the retake course, but the “X” will not be placed on the transcript until after a grade has been given.
- Students will not get a notification when the process has been completed. Monitor your transcript for changes and updates.