Advancing Data Use for Improving Operational and Business Results
The annual Kelley Forum on Business Analytics brought together Kelley stakeholders—students, faculty and corporate partners—to discuss opportunities and challenges in applying business analytics in organizations.
Practitioners brought their rich practical experiences and present case studies as well as offer their vision for the future of business analytics. Students showcased their analytics savvy in the annual data competition. Faculty brought in their expertise in advanced analytics techniques in areas such as accounting and finance, healthcare, marketing and retail, and supply chain as well as discussed how analytics is being integrated into the Kelley School’s curriculum.
Speakers from Deloitte Consulting, IBM, McKinsey & Company, Booz Allen Hamilton and other corporations as well as a blue-ribbon panel led by IU Vice President and CIO Brad Wheeler were featured.
A panel on Organizing Analytics Talent was held on Thursday, April 3.
- John B. Johns, Director, Business Analytics and Strategic Insights, Roche Diagnostics Corporation
- Tony Saldanha, General Manager, Business Intelligence and Consumer Services, Procter & Gamble
- Barb Williams, Director, Information Management, Hill-Rom
- Jeff Kavanaugh, Managing Partner, Infosys
On Saturday, April 5, there were information sessions and analytics-related software demonstrations.
- 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. with IBM, including demo of SPSS Modeler and Watson Analytics
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. with SAS
- 11 a.m. to noon with SAS JMP
- Noon to 1 p.m. with Tableau