H. Shanker Krishnan
- Chairperson of Marketing
- Professor of Marketing
- Whirlpool Faculty Fellow
- PhD, University of Arizona, 1991
- MBA, Duke University, 1986
- BS, University of Madras, 1978
- Competitor Analysis, Control Data Corporation, Minneapolis
- Advertising Research, Tatham Euro RSCG, Chicago
- Visiting Professor, University of Florida, Gainesville
- Visiting Professor, Ivey Business School, London, Canada
- Visiting Professor, SKKU Business School, Seoul, South Korea
- Executive education and consultant to various companies such as 3M, Firestone, IBM, Eli Lilly, Ingersoll Rand, SPX, Manitowoc, McCain Foods, Dow Chemical
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Innovative Teaching Award
- Research Excellence Award
- Teaching Excellence Recognition Award
• Implicit Memory for Information • Memory Interference Processes • Role of Memory in Brand Equity, Brand Associations, and Brand Extensions • Interactions between Memory and Attitudes, Confidence, and Intentions
Tennis, Reading, Movies
- Firestone Diversified
- Eli Lilly
Kumar, Anand, Ali Besharat, Charles Lindsey, and H. Shanker Krishnan (2014), "Contextual and Competitive Interference: Inhibition or Facilitation?" Journal of Advertising, Volume 43, Issue 3.
- Poor, Morgan, Adam Duhachek, and H. Shanker Krishnan (2013), “How Images of Other Consumers Influence Subsequent Taste Perceptions,” Journal of Marketing, vol. 77, issue 6, pages 124-139.
- Poor, Morgan Adam Duhachek and H. Shanker Krishnan (2012), “The Moderating Role of Emotional Differentiation on Satiation,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 507-519.
- Lakshmanan, Arun and H. Shanker Krishnan (2011), "The Aha! Experience: Insight and Discontinuous Learning in Product Usage," Journal of Marketing, Vol. 75, No. 6, November, pp. 105-123.
- Samu, Sridhar and H. Shanker Krishnan (2010), “Brand Related Information as Context: The Impact of Brand Name Characteristics on Memory and Choice," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 38, No. 4, Fall, pp. 456-470.
- Lakshmanan, Arun, Charles Lindsey, and H. Shanker Krishnan (2010), “Practice Makes Perfect? When Does Massed Learning Improve Product Usage Proficiency?,” Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 599-613. Read Abstract
- Delvecchio, Devon, Arun Lakshmanan, and H. Shanker Krishnan (2009), "The Effects of Discount Location and Frame on Consumers’ Price Estimates," Journal of Retailing, 85 (3), 336-346. Read Abstract
- Lakshmanan, Arun and H. Shanker Krishnan (2009), "How does Imagery in Interactive Consumption lead to False Memory? A Reconstructive Memory Perspective, " Journal of Consumer Psychology, 19 (3), 451-462. Read Abstract
- Palmeira, Mauricio and H. Shanker Krishnan (2008), “Criteria instability and the isolated option effect,” Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 106(2), 153-167. Read Abstract
- DelVecchio, Devon, H. Shanker Krishnan, and Daniel C. Smith (2007), "Cents or Percent? The Effects of Promotion Framing on Price Expectations and Choice," Journal of Marketing, Vol. 71, No. 3, pp. 158-170. Read Abstract
- Duhachek, Adam, Shuoyang Zhang, and H. Shanker Krishnan (2007), "Anticipated Group Interaction: Coping with Valence Asymmetries in Attitude Shift," Journal of Consumer Research, 34 (3), 395-405. Read Abstract
- Lindsey, Charles D. and H. Shanker Krishnan (2007) "Retrieval Disruption in Collaborative Groups Due to Brand Cues," Journal of Consumer Research, 33 (4), 470-478. Read Abstract
- Shapiro, Stewart, Charles D. Lindsey, and H. Shanker Krishnan (2006), "Intentional Forgetting as a Facilitator for Recalling New Product Attributes," Journal of Experimental Psychology:Applied, 12(4), 251-263. Read Abstract
- Mao, Huifang and H. Shanker Krishnan (2006), "Effects of Prototype and Exemplar Fit on Brand Extension Evaluations: A Two-Process Contingency Model," Journal of Consumer Research, 33(1), 41-49. Read Abstract
- Kumar, Anand and H. Shanker Krishnan (2004), "Memory Interference in Advertising: A Replication and Extension," Journal of Consumer Research, 30(4), 602-611. Read Abstract
- Krishnan, H. Shanker and Dipankar Chakravarti (2003), "A Process Analysis of the Effects of Humorous Advertising Executions on Brand Claims Memory," Journal of Consumer Psychology, 13(3), 230-245. Read Abstract
- Shapiro, Stewart and H. Shanker Krishnan (2001), "Memory-Based Measures for Assessing Advertising Effects: A Comparison of Explicit and Implicit Memory Effects," Journal of Advertising, 30(3), 1-14.
- Samu, Sridhar, H. Shanker Krishnan, and Robert E. Smith (1999), "Using Advertising Alliances for New Product Introduction: Interactions between Product Complimentarity and Promotional Strategies," Journal of Marketing, 63(1), 57-74.
- Shapiro, Stewart and H. Shanker Krishnan (1999), "Consumer Memory for Intentions: A Prospective Memory Perspective," Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied, 5 (2), 169-189.
- Krishnan, H. Shanker and Dipankar Chakravarti (1999), "Memory Measures for Pretesting Advertisements: An Integrative Conceptual Framework and a Diagnostic Template," Journal of Consumer Psychology, 8(1), 1-37.