- Assistant Professor of Business Law and Ethics
- BA, St. Ambrose University, Iowa
- MS Ed, Western Illinois University
- JD, Loyola University, New Orleans School of Law
- LLM, Centre for Commercial Law Studies, University of London
- Attorney at Law (New York)
- Law Clerk Glorioso Law Firm (New Orleans)
International and Domestic Contracts, International Commercial Law, International Commercial Comparative Law, International and Domestic Secured Transactions, Cloud Computing, Open Source Licensing, Internet Law, and International and Domestic Commercial Arbitration
Monroe County Human Association, Softball and Sports in General
Anjanette (Angie) Raymond is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Business Law and Ethics, at the Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, and an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Law at Maurer Law School (Indiana). She is currently a Visiting Fellow in International Commercial Law at the Centre for Commercial Law Studies, Queen Mary, University of London as well as a Professor in the International Business Law Program at the University of Navarra, Spain. Angie has written widely in international commercial law, international commercial arbitration, and international secured transactions in such publications as the Harvard Negotiation Law Review (forthcoming), Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property, and the American Review of International Arbitration. As well as several book chapters, such as ‘How May International Standards Assist the Law Reform in England?’ in Availability of Credit and Secured Transactions in a Time of Crisis (Cambridge) and UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) Commentary (Beck). Angie is currently an invited member of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law Online Dispute Resolution Working Group, Non-Governmental Organization (Institute of International Commercial Law (IICL))) and was the former research assistant to the US delegate to UNCITRAL and the Reporter for the revision of the sales and leases articles of the Uniform Commercial Code. Angie is also an active Mooter, co-coaching a team to the finalist award at the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot.
- Raymond, Anjanette (2014), "Yeah, But Did You See the Gorilla? Creating and Protecting an ‘Informed’ Consumer In Cross Border Online Dispute Resolution," Harvard Negotiation Law Review 19(1), spring, forthcoming.
- Raymond, Anjanette (2013), "Pliers and Screwdrivers as Contributory Infringement Devices: Why Your Local Repair Shop Might Be a Copyright Infringer and What We Must Do To Stop the Craziness," 12 Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property XX, forthcoming.
- Raymond, Anjanette with J. Benjamin Lambert (2013), "Technology, E-Commerce and the Emerging Harmonization: The Growing Body of International Instruments Facilitating E-Commerce and the Continuing Need to Encourage Wide Adoption," International Trade and Business Law Review, forthcoming, December.
- Raymond, Anjanette (2013), “Intermediaries Precarious Balance within Europe: Oddly Placed Cooperative Burdens in the Online World,” 10 Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property, 359.
- Raymond, Anjanette (2013), "It's Time the Law Begins to Protect Consumers from Significantly One-Sided Arbitration Clauses within Contracts of Adhesion," 91 Nebraska Law Review, XX.
- Raymond, Anjanette (2013), "Heavyweight Bots in the Clouds: The Wrong Incentives and Poorly Crafted Balances That Lead to the Blocking of Information Online," 11 Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property, 11(6).
- Raymond, Anjanette (2012), "How may international standards assist the Law Reform in England?" International Legal Standards on Secured Transactions, Facilitation of Credit and Financial Crisis, Cambridge University Press, forthcoming.
- Raymond, Anjanette and Vikki Rogers (2012), "International Law in U.S. Courts: International Sales Law," chapter in ASIL Bench Book on International Law, forthcoming 2012
- Raymond, Anjanette and Ben Lambert, "U.N. Convention on the Use of Electronic Communications in International Contracts, section in International Commercial Transactions, Franchising, and Distribution, 2011 Year in Review, 46 The International Lawyer, Vol. 1, 199
- Anjanette Raymond (2011), "Cross Border Secured Transactions: Ongoing Issues and Some Possible Solutions," translated and published in Spanish at Revista de Derecho Privado, Universidad Externado de Colombia n.º 20, enero-junio de, pp . 155 a 174, June.
- Anjanette Raymond, Book Review, N Orkun Akseli , International Secured Transactions Law: Facilitation of Credit and International Conventions and Instruments, (Released Jan 19, 2011), Modern Law Review, vol. 4 (2011), Kluwer Law International, Alphen a/d Rijn (ISBN Unknown at this time)
- Raymond, Anjanette (2011), "Chapter Contributor, Articles 2-5 and 68-70," in Loukas Mistelis, Stefan Kröll, Pilar Perales, and Peter Huber (eds.), Commentary on CISG, C. H. Beck.
- Raymond, Anjanette (2011), "Cross Border Secured Transactions: Ongoing Issues and Some Possible Solutions," Elon Law Review, Vol. 2, Issue 1, March, pp. 87-107.
- Raymond, Anjanette (2011), "Improving Confidence in Cross Border Electronic Commerce: Communication, Signatures and Authentication Devices," Journal of Internet Law, Vol. 14, No. 7, January, pp. 25-34.
- Raymond, Anjanette (2010), "The Use Of Intellectual Property As Collateral In Secured Financing- Practical Concerns," Comparative Law Yearbook of International Business, Vol. 32, Wolters Kluwer Law & Business.
- Raymond, Anjanette (2010), Jowitt's Dictionary of English Law (3rd Edition), Contributing editor, contract and commercial law, Daniel Greenberg ed., Sweet and Maxwell, May.
- Raymond, Anjanette (2009), "Piratas como terroristas marítimos" (Pirates as Maritime Terrorists), translated into and published in Spanish, Legal Today.com, Práctica jurídica, 2 de Febrero.
- Raymond, Anjanette (2009), "Intellectual Property as Collateral in Secured Transactions: Collision of Divergent Approaches," Society of Legal Scholars, Presentation and Publication, Business Law International, Vol. 10, pp. 27-50.
- Raymond, Anjanette (2006), "Electronic Commerce and the New UNCITRAL Convention," International Law Practicum, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 66-74.
- Raymond, Anjanette (2006), "Manner, Method, Receipt or Dispatch: the Use of Electronic Media is Nothing New to the Law," Loyola Law Review, Vol. 52, pp. 101-137.
- Raymond, Anjanette (2005), "Confidentiality, In a Forum of Last Resort? Is the Use of Confidential Arbitration a Good Idea for Business and Society?," American Review of International Arbitration, Vol. 16.
- Gabriel, Henry and Anjanette Raymond (2005), "Ethics for Commercial Arbitrators: Basic Principles and Emerging Standards," Wyoming Law Review, Vol. 5, pp. 453-470.
- Raymond, Anjanette (2005), "Book Review: Law and Practice of International Commercial Arbitration, by A. Redfern and M. Hunter with N. Blackaby and C. Partasides," Arbitration International, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 639-642.
- Gabriel, Henry and Anjanette Raymond (2005), "Emerging Issues in Arbitration and Some Possible Solutions," The Center for International Legal Studies, Yorkhill Law Publishing.