Areas of Expertise
Financial Regulation; Securities Law; International Economic Law
- J.D., magna cum laude, New York University School of Law, 2010
- B.A., University of California San Diego, 2006
- Assistant Professor, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, 2016-present
- Law Clerk, U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, Hon. Ferdinand F. Fernandez, 2013-14
- Associate Attorney, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, 2010-13, 2014-16
- Turk, M., and Kress, J. Rethinking Countercyclical Financial Regulation. 56 Georgia Law Review XX (2022, in press).
- Turk, M. A Portfolio Approach to Policymaking Uncertainty. 49 Florida State University Law Review XX (in press 2021).
- Turk, M. Stress Testing the Banking Agencies. 105 Iowa Law Review 1701 (2020).
- Turk, M. Overlapping Legal Rules in Financial Regulation and the Administrative State. 54 Georgia Law Review 791 (2020).
- Turk, M., and Kress, J. Too Many to Fail: Against Community Bank Deregulation. 115 Northwestern University Law Review 647 (2020).
- Turk, M. C., and Woody, K. (2019). Justice Kavanaugh, Lorenzo v. SEC, and the Future of Deference at the Post-Kennedy Supreme Court. 71 Administrative Law Review 193 (2019).
- Turk, M. C., and Woody, K. The Leidos Mixup and the Misunderstood Duty to Disclose in Securities Law. 75 Washington & Lee Law Review 957 (2018).
- Turk, M. C. Reversing the Two Wrong Turns in the Economic Analysis of International Law. 36 Berkeley Journal of International Law 115 (2018).
- Turk, M. C. Securitization Reform after the Crisis: Regulation by Rulemaking or Regulation by Settlement? 38 Review of Banking & Financial Law 861 (2018).
- Turk, M. C. The Banking-Sovereign Nexus: Law, Economics and Policy. 55 Columbia Journal of Transnational Law 592 (2017).
- Turk, M. C. Regulation by Settlement. 66 University of Kansas Law Review 259 (2017).
- Turk, M. C., and Woody, K. Leidos and The Roberts Court’s Improvident Securities Law Docket. 70 Stanford Law Review Online 89 (2017).
- Turk. M. C. The Convergence of Insurance with Banking and Securities Industries, and the Limits of Regulatory Arbitrage in Finance. 3 Columbia Business Law Review 967 (2015).
- Turk. M. C. Reframing International Financial Regulation after the 2008 Crisis: Rational States and Interdependence, not Regulatory Networks and Soft Law. 36 Michigan Journal of International Law 59 (2014).
- Turk. M. C. A Political Economy Approach to Reforming the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. 33 Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business 325 (2013).
Edited on March 26, 2021