Areas of Expertise
Product Design, Behavior-Based Targeting, Game Theory, Behavioral Economics, Empirical Modeling, New Product Development, Innovation
- Ph.D., Marketing, Texas A&M University, 2016
- M.A., International Relations & Economics, Yale University, 2004
- B.B.A., Marketing, Lingnan University, Hong Kong, 2002
- Associate Professor of Marketing (with tenure), Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, July 2021- Current
- Weimer Faculty Fellow, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, June 2020 - Current
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2016-present
- Manager of Analytical Consulting, Symphony Marketing Solutions (IRI), 2006-2011
- Senior Statistician, Revonet, Inc., 2005-2006
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of Marketing Research, 2021 - Current
- Editorial Review Board, Decision Sciences Journal, 2020 - Current
- 2021 MSI Young Scholar
- 2020 Weimer Faculty Fellow, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University
- 2020 Faculty Representative, AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium (postponed due to COVID-19)
- 2020 Faculty Representative, Mittelstaedt Doctoral Symposium, University of Nebraska - Lincoln (postponed due to COVID-19)
- 2019 Research Follow, Center for the Business of Life Sciences, Kelley School of Business
- 2019 Inaugural Faculty Development Forum, Washington University in St. Louis
- 2019 Early-Career Faculty Consortium Fellow, Marketing Strategy Consortium, Indiana University
- Marketing Science Institute Young Scholar Research Grant $5,000, 2017
- Mary Kay/AMS Dissertation Proposal Competition, Finalist, 2016
- Dean's Award for Outstanding Research, Mays Business School, Texas A&M University, 2015
- Dean's Award for Outstanding Teaching, Mays Business School, Texas A&M University, 2015
- Inaugural AMS Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2015
- AMA-Sheth Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Northwestern University, 2014
- INFORMS Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Emory University, 2014
- INFORMS Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Boston University, 2012
- The Most Distinguished Student of the University Award, Lingnan University
- On President's List, Academic Honors, Lingnan University
- Hong Kong Jockey Club Full Scholarship for Undergraduate Study, Hong Kong
- Zonta Club of Kowloon Awards for Outstanding Services
- Outstanding Service Awards for Hong Kong Tertiary Students
- Dr. and Mrs. James Tak Wu awards for Outstanding Service
- Canton Hong Kong & Macau Mandarin Contest, 1st Place, Hong Kong Division
- Li, K. J. (2021). Behavior-Based Quality Discrimination. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 23(2), 425–436.
- Li, K., and Zhang, J. (2021). How Does Customer Recognition Affect Service Provision? International Journal of Research in Marketing, in press.
- Li, K. J. (2021). Product and Service Innovation with Customer Recognition. Decision Sciences, in press.
- Zhang, J., and Li, K. J. (2021). Quality Disclosure under Consumer Loss Aversion. Management Science, 67(8), 4643-5300.
- Li, X., Li, K. J., and Wang, S. (2020). Transparency of Behavior-Based Pricing. Journal of Marketing Research, 57(1), 78-99.
- Li, K. J. (2019). Status Goods and Vertical Line Extensions. Production and Operations Management, 28(1), 103-120
- Li, K. J., and Liu, Y. (2019). Same or Different? An Aesthetic Design Question. Production and Operations Management, 28(6), 1465-1485.
- Li, K. J. (2018). Behavior-Based Pricing in Marketing Channels. Marketing Science, 37(2), 310-326.
- Jain, S., and Li, K. J. (2018). Pricing and Product Design for Vice Goods: A Strategic Analysis. Marketing Science, 37(4), 592-610.
- Liu, Y., Li, K. J., Chen, H., and Balachander, S. (2017). The Effects of a Product's Aesthetic Design on Demand and Marketing Mix Effectiveness: The Role of Segment Prototypicality and Brand Consistency. Journal of Marketing, 81(1), 83-102.
- Li, K. J., and Jain, S. (2016). Behavior-Based Pricing: An Analysis of the Impact of Peer-Induced Fairness. Management Science, 62(9), 2705-2721.
- Shankar, V., and Li, K. J. (2014). Leveraging Social Media in the Pharmaceutical Industry. In Min Ding, Jehoshua Eliashberg, & Stefan Stremersch (Eds.), Innovation and Marketing in the Pharmaceutical Industry, International Series in Quantitative Marketing, Vol. 20 (477-505). New York, NY: Springer.
Edited on September 21, 2021