Areas of Expertise
Social Media, Online Volunteerism, Philanthropy, E-Commerce, Crowdfunding
- Ph.D. in Information Systems, The Foster School, University of Washington, 2017
- B.E. in Management Information Systems, Renmin University, 2009
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- INFORMS eBusiness 2019 Best Paper Award Runner-up, “The Impact of Subscription Reciprocity on Charitable Content Generation and Sharing: Evidence from Twitter on Giving Tuesday”
- INFORMS ISS 2018 Nunamaker-Chen Dissertation Award, Runner-up
- Best Reviewer Nomination, the 11th China Summer Workshop on Information Management (CSWIM), 2017
- Bertauche Transportation Fellowship in Business Fund, University of Washington, 2016
- Doctoral Student Excellence in Research Award, ISOM Department, University of Washington, 2014
- Wayne and Anne Gittinger Fellow, 2012 – 2017
- Tan, X., Jin, F., and Dennis, A. R. (2022). How Appreciation and Attention Affect Contributions to Electronic Networks of Practice? Journal of Management Information Systems, in press.
- Tan, X., Lu, YD., and Tan, Y. (2021). The Impact of Subscription Reciprocity on Charitable Content Creation and Sharing: Evidence from Twitter on Giving Tuesday. Management Information Systems Quarterly, 45(2), 535-562.
- Fang, Z.*, Ho, YC.*, Tan, X.*, and Tan, Y. (2021). Show Me the Money: The Economic Impact of Membership-based Free Shipping Programs on e-Tailers. Information Systems Research, 32(4), 1115–1127. (*Equal contribution)
- Tan, X., Wang, YW., and Tan, Y. (2019). Impact of Live Chat on Purchase in Electronic Markets: The Moderating Role of Information Cues. Information Systems Research, 30(4), 1107-1452.
Edited on June 30, 2022