Areas of Expertise
Business Communication: Strategic Business Writing, Persuasion, Crisis Communication, Presentations, Leadership, Coaching
- B.A., English, Stanford University
- M.A., Education, Stanford University
- Ph.D., Education, Stanford University
- Lecturer, Kelley School of Business
- Coach, Effective Leaders Academy
- Mentor, Faculty-Student Mentor Initiative
- Presenter, Association for Business Communication (ABC), Facet Associate Faculty and Lecturer Conference (FALCON), Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Consultant, California Writing Project
- Teacher Education Supervisor, Stanford University
- Program Evaluator, Oakland Unified School District (CA)
- Teacher, Sequoia Union High School District (CA) and Roseville Joint Union High School District (CA)
Awards, Honors & Certificates
- IU Trustees Teaching Award 2020
- Outstanding Academic Title, "A Classroom of Her Own," American Library Association of College and Research Libraries
- Summer Institute Fellow, California Writing Project, University of California Davis
- Honorable Mention, Selma Greenberg Distinguished Dissertation Award, American Educational Research Association (AERA): Research on Women in Education
- Cattani, D. (2002). A Classroom of Her Own: How New Teachers Develop Instructional, Professional, and Cultural Competence. Corwin Press.
- Cattani, D. (1994). Four Students and a Workshop. In Windows on Our Classrooms. University of California Davis.
- Cattani, D., and Morris, C. W. (1993). A Funny Thing Happened When We Began to Write. English Journal, National Council of Teachers of English.
- Cattani, D. (1989). The At-Risk Teacher. The Stanford Educator.
Edited on May 14, 2020