Areas of Expertise
Social entrepreneurship; Social innovation; Emerging economies; Entrepreneurial support organizations
- PhD, Entrepreneurship, Indiana University, 2021 (expected)
- Master of International Development, University of Pittsburgh, 2012
- BA, Diplomacy & Foreign Affairs, Miami University, 2010
- Bergman, Jr., B. J., and McMullen, J. S. (2020). Entrepreneurs in the making: Six decisions for fostering entrepreneurship through maker spaces. Business Horizons, 63(6), 811-824.
- Smith, B. R., and Bergman, Jr., B. J. (2020). The other side of the coin: Investor identity and its role in resource provision. Journal of Business Venturing Insights, 14, e00175.
- Conger, M., McMullen, J. S., Bergman, Jr., B. J., and York, J. (2018). Category membership, identity control, and the reevaluation of prosocial opportunities. Journal of Business Venturing, 33(2), 179-206.
- McMullen, J. S., and Bergman, Jr., B. J. (2017). Social entrepreneurship and the development paradox of prosocial motivation: A cautionary tale. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 11(3), 243-270.
- Kistruck, G. M., Lount, Jr., R. B., Smith, B. R., Bergman, Jr., B. J., and Moss, T. W. (2016). Cooperation vs. competition: Alternative goal structures for motivating groups in a resource scarce environment. Academy of Management Journal, 59(4), 1174-1198.
Edited on January 13, 2020