1. What is the Haring Symposium?
The Marketing Department at Indiana University created the Albert Haring Symposium for Doctoral Research in Marketing with the general objective of contributing to the research development process of emerging scholars in our profession. Specifically, the Symposium is designed to provide doctoral students in Marketing with a forum to present and discuss their research in a professional meeting environment.
The Symposium has traditionally included representatives from the Big Ten schools. However, over the last several years we have been delighted to enlarge the circle of participating schools to reach beyond the Big Ten. Since 1971, the Haring Symposium has brought over 900 doctoral students to Indiana University and Bloomington. In addition, we have had the valuable participation of over 400 faculty members sharing their insights on a variety of areas.
2. How do I participate in the Haring Symposium?
This event is by invitation only.
3. When is the Haring Symposium?
The 2020 Haring Symposium will be held Friday, April 17 and Saturday, April 18, 2020.
4. What is the schedule of events?
See the 2020 Schedule of Events.
5. When are papers due?
Presenters’ papers and abstracts are due January 25, 2020.
6. What am I discussing? How long is the presentation and discussion?
Presenters are given 20 minutes, Discussants have 10 minutes to respond and then 10 minutes are provided for questions/answers.
7. At which airport should we arrive?
Indianapolis International Airport (IND), Indianapolis, IN
8. How do we get from the airport to Indiana University?
Indianapolis Airport (IND) ground transportation options may be found here.
9. Where should we stay?
A block of rooms for Friday and Saturday night (April 17 and 18) are being held; when making your reservation please be sure to identify yourself as a Haring Symposium 2020 participant.
The Bloomington Shuttle stops at IMU.
This hotel is on campus and is walking distance to the Kelley School of Business (location of the Haring Symposium).
10. What are the restaurant options for dinner on Friday night?
11. What is appropriate attire?
Business casual is appropriate for all events.
12. If I have questions regarding Haring Symposium, who should I contact?
Janis McClung at firstname.lastname@example.org