Most students enter our doctoral program after obtaining a master’s degree, though some highly qualified students with clear objectives may be admitted directly after completing a bachelor’s degree.
To apply, you need to submit:
- Online application
- Letters of recommendation
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Application fee
TOEFL: All non-native English speakers must submit a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score. There are no exceptions to this requirement, even if you have earned a degree in the US or otherwise lived in the US for many years. The Kelley School of Business PhD Program minimum TOEFL score for an Internet-Based Test (IBT) is 100.
The priority application deadline for domestic and international students is December 15. 2018.
Last year, our first round of evaluation required applicants to have:
- a GMAT/GRE quantitative percentile equal to 85 or above,
- a GMAT/GRE verbal percentile equal to 70 or above, or
- a TOEFL score greater than or equal to the cutoffs mentioned above for a non-native English speaker.
In the second round, all remaining applications were read by two faculty members and were ranked based on all factors (GMAT/GRE, GPA, essay, letters of recommendation, vita, work experience, academic research exposure, etc.).
In the third round, the top ten highest ranked candidates were phone-interviewed. Then we made offers.