Introduction to Positive Psychology Video
Kelley faculty presenter: Nichole Alspaugh Williams, Ed.S, LMHC, NCC
We’re pleased you’ve chosen to explore positive psychology. In this video, you’ll learn how the pandemic has affected our mental health, and how the study of positive psychology began. You'll also be encouraged to begin the first of several happiness habits you'll learn during the program. After watching the video, go deeper with these activities:
- Take the Authentic Happiness Inventory and record your score.
- Watch The Happiness Hamburger Model by Tal Ben-Shara, PhD and complete the model on your own.
- Start a gratitude journal by reflecting and writing on these prompts:
- Begin or end your day writing about three things for which you’re grateful.
- Spend one minute reflecting on each of these things.
- Write about one thing that upset you. How might this be a blessing in disguise? How may you turn it into an advantage? What could be good about it?
Interested to learn more?
This free video is proudly sponsored by the Kelley School of Business Alumni Association. We hope you find this and our other free videos and webinars useful as we navigate these challenging times together.
More professional development opportunities for Kelley alumni and friends
The Kelley School offers career and professional development resources, such as digital badges and personalized coaching, to keep you on top of your game.
Alumni receive discounts on open enrollment certificates offered through Kelley School of Business Executive Education. Certificates are flexible in pricing and instructional format and address high-demand topics.