James W. Dye Entrepreneurship Scholarship Fund
The James W. Dye Entrepreneurship Scholarship Fund was established in 1985 to provide tuition-only scholarships to academically meritorious Kelley School of Business students who are pursuing majors in Entrepreneurship.
- Full time Kelley School of Business student who has been admitted and is remaining in the Kelley School of Business Entrepreneurship Program
- U.S. Citizen
- Graduate of an Indiana High School
- Junior or Senior class standing (3rd and 4th year students) during the award year
- Formally pursuing an undergraduate major in Entrepreneurship
- Minimum cumulative program GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Preference to candidates who have demonstrated school and community involvement and those who have a potential to succeed as an entrepreneur in the state of Indiana
- The maximum award is $3,ooo per semester, but recipients may qualify to receive less than this amount. If an applicant is already receiving sufficient scholarship and/or grant funding to cover his/her tuition, then no award can be offered, regardless of the candidate’s other qualifications.
- Potentially renewable if specific requirements are met. A new application must be submitted for renewal consideration
Submit the James W. Dye Scholarship Application (available mid-February), along with one letter of recommendation*. All application materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. on April 17, 2015. No late materials will be accepted.
* Recommenders should be employers, mentors or IU faculty/ staff who are very familiar with the applicant, his/her entrepreneurial experience as well as his/her future goals. Recommendations from peers or fellow students are not considered acceptable.
Selection decisions are announced during the summer, typically by July 30th.