Alfonso J. Pedraza-Martinez
alpedraz [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Business School, Room 570B
- Assistant Professor
- PhD, Management, INSEAD, 2011
- MS, Management, INSEAD, 2009
- MS, Economics, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, 2004
- BS, Industrial Engineering, Universidad de los Andes, 1998
- Research Fellow, INSEAD, France, 2011
- Instructor, Research Assistant, Universidad de los Andes School of Management, 2003-2006
- Humanitarian Logistician, Office of the Mayor, Bogota, 1999-2003
- Administrative Assistant, Ministry of Environment-SENA-SECAB, 1998-1999
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Best Paper Award - "Decentralization and Earmarked Funding in Humanitarian Logistics for Relief and Development" - Humanitarian Operations and Crisis Management Track, POMS. 2012
- Best PhD Proposal Award -"Last Mile Vehicle Fleet Management in Humanitarian Operations"- College of Sustainable Operations, POMS, 2010
- Best Paper Award - "Vehicle Replacement in the International Committee of the Red Cross" - Ninth Trans-Atlantic Doctoral Conference, London Business School, 2009
Humanitarian Operations and Crisis Management, Sustainability, Operations Management in Emerging Markets, Global Supply Chains
- Fleet Management Coordination in Decentralized Humanitarian Operations (with S. Hasija and L.N. Van Wassenhove). Working Paper.
- Funding Strategies for Development and Disaster Response in a Multi-Donor Market with Donation Uncertainty (with A. Aflaki). Working Paper.
- Logistics Network Design in the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (with J. Stauffer and L.N. Van Wassenhove).
- Inter-temporal Monitoring of Aid and Infrastructure Investments in Development Operations (with G. Aydin).
- 'Three - Bid' Procurement in Emerging Markets Operations (with A.F. Jola and S. Hu).
Besiou, Maria, Alfonso J. Pedraza-Martinez and Luk N. Van Wassenhove (2013), "Vehicle Supply Chains in Humanitarian Operations: Decentralization, Operational Mix and Earmarked Funding," Production and Operations Management, forthcoming. Read Abstract ››
Pedraza-Martinez, Alfonso J., Orla Stapleton, Luk N. Van Wassenhove (2013), "On the Use of Evidence in Humanitarian Logistics Research", Disasters, 37 (1), pp. 51-67. Read Abstract ››
Pedraza-Martinez, Alfonso. J. and Luk N. Van Wassenhove (2013), "Vehicle Replacement in the International Committee of the Red Cross," Production and Operations Management, 22 (2), pp. 365-376. Read Abstract ››
Pedraza Martinez, Alfonso J., Orla Stapleton, and Luk N. Van Wassenhove (2011), "Field Vehicle Fleet Management in Humanitarian Operations: A Case-based Approach," Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 29, No. 5, July, pp. 404-421. Read Abstract ››
Pedraza Martinez, A. J., L. N. Van Wassenhove, C. Estrada Mejia, and O. Stapleton (2009), "The Armenia Earthquake: Grinding Out an Effective Disaster Response in Colombia’s Coffee Region," Case 09/2009-5610, ECCH, CCMP.