fisherg [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
Business School, Room 660E
- Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship
- PhD, University of Washington, 2012
- MBA, Gordon Institute of Business Science, University of Pretoria, 2004
- BComm (Hons), University of Johannesburg, 2002
- BAcct, University of KwaZulu-Natal, 1997
- Senior Lecturer in Entrepreneurship, Gordon Institute of Business Science, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Expert Contributor and Advisor, Entrepreneur Magazine, South Africa
- Cofounder and Director, Learninglab Inc.
- Senior Manager, Deloitte
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- MBA Teaching Excellence Award at Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, 2013
- Best Paper Award at the Sustainability, Ethics and Entrepreneurship Conference, 2013
- Named among the “40 Most Outstanding B-School Profs under 40 in the World” by the Poets and Quants website
- MBA Teaching Award, Gordon Institute of Business Science, University of Pretoria, South Africa, 2011
- Outstanding Instructor Award, University of Washington, Professional and Continuing Education Business Fundamentals Program, 2011
- Doctoral Student Paper Award, Western Academy of Management meeting, 2011
- Best Paper Award, Southern Management Association Meeting, Ethics/Diversity Track, 2011
- MBA Teaching Award, Gordon Institute of Business Science, University of Pretoria, South Africa, 2010
- Academy of Management Entrepreneurship Division IDEA Award for Research Promise, 2010
- Kenneth E. Clark Student Research Award from International Leadership Association, 2010
- Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice Award for the Best Conceptual Paper for the Annual Meeting of the Entrepreneurship Division of the Academy of Management, 2009
- Doctoral Student Paper Award, Southern Management Association Meeting, Entrepreneurship/Innovation Track, 2009
Entrepreneurship, Corporate Entrepreneurship, International Management and Turnaround Management
Family, Running, Cycling
Waldron, T., Fisher, G. and Navis, C. Institutional Entrepreneurs' Social Mobility in Organizational Fields. Journal of Business Venturing, Forthcoming.
Fisher, G. & Kotha, S. Homegrocer.com: Anatomy of a Failure. Business Horizons. Forthcoming.
Fisher, G. & Kotha, S. Entrepreneurial Identity and Resource Acquisition: The Role of Venture Identification. Oxford Handbook on Creativity, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship. Eds Hitt, M., Zhou, J. & Shally, C., Forthcoming.
Waldron, T., Navis, C. & Fisher, G. (2013), "Explaining Differences in Firms' Responses to Activism," Academy of Management Review, 38: 397-415.
Fisher, G. (2012), "Effectuation, Causation and Entrepreneurial Bricolage: A Behavioral Comparison of Emerging Theories in Entrepreneurship Research" Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 6: 1019-1051.
Fisher, G. (2009), "Personality, Uncertainty and Logic: Impact on Entrepreneurial Outcomes," Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings, P. Davidsson (Ed.), Chicago, Illinois.
Abdo, A and Greg Fisher (2007) "The Impact of Reported Corporate Governance Disclosure on the Financial Performance of Companies listed on the Financial Performance of Companies listed on the JSO" Investment Analyst Journal, 66: 43-56.